This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 4000 to $ 5200 per month
Richmond, UNITED STATES
December 16 2018
We seek an Asst Superintendent who will be responsible for field operations on the projects assigned to achieve timely and profitable completion of each project. The Asst. Superintendent will also directly supervises field labor force including and not limited to laborers and craft workers. This position must demonstrate strong communication and client service skills.
- Directing day-to-day on-site supervision of field labor force as well as assisting in the supervision and responsibility of the total construction effort accordance with design, budget, quality and schedule.
- Assisting with providing technical assistance which includes the interpretation of drawings, the recommendation of methods and equipment among others as may be required.
- Inspecting contractor or (sub)contract operations to ensure the compliance with the contract.
- Reviewing and approving Trade Contractor Payment Applications with Project Manager as well as maintaining good relationships with internal and external clients which include the representatives of Owner and Architect and Engineer.
- Developing and maintaining site logistics plan in coordination with Project Manager as well as conducting quality inspections.
- Coordinating site testing and inspection efforts in addition to the cost, labor time and material monitoring.
- Communicating and enforcing Safety and Health Management Program
- Managing schedules, preparation of detailed short-term schedules as well as ensuring the taking the place of all activities on or ahead of scheduled dates.
- Preparing and submitting Superintendent’s Daily Reports, Accident and Quality Reports among others.
- Attending and participating in project meetings and subcontractor meetings.
Skills and abilities:
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of Computer including Microsoft Office Products.
- Knowledge of Prolog as well as broad understanding of the industry.
- Familiarity with requirements of drawings and specifications and with terms and conditions of Project Contracts, Subcontracts, and Purchase Orders;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with good mathematics and accounting skills.
- Strong management skills as well as the ability to read drawings and specifications;
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team as well as exhibiting strong leadership qualities.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times as well as being able to delegate work appropriately
- Strong decision making, problem solving, time management and organization skills.
Education and Experience:
- Junior College or Vocational education is desired;
- OSHA, First Aid or CPR certification
- Three years of industry experience.
The Senior Project Manager, Senior Superintendent, Project Executive or Account Manager bestows the Asst Superintendent his/her authority and guides him or her in performing all the duties as assigned. The Asst Superintendent is responsible for supervising, managing and coordinating the efforts of the field labor force on a daily basis.
Work Environment/Job Conditions:
- The position involves frequent walking, standing, bending and reaching thus, an Asst Superintendent must be able to navigate the job site as well as complying with all Company Safety requirements in the office and on the job site.
- The Asst Superintendent must be able to lift weighty objects since HeavHeavy equipment may be used.
The statements in “Work Environment/Job Conditions” are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are in no way intended to be part of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.