This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 5500 to $ 6400 per month
New York, UNITED STATES
December 6 2018
We seek a BSA/AML Analyst to assist the Bank Secrecy/OFAC Officer and the Director, Financial Intelligence Unit with the maintenance of certain aspects of the Bank’s BSA/AML compliance program and assisting in the meeting and maintenance of the BSA/AML compliance requirements of the Bank. The right candidate will comply with all applicable, federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and guidance which include those related to Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act among others as well as adhering to the Bank’s policies and procedures to reduce the risk or loss of the bank.
- Performing investigations of average complexity, and ensuring the in-depth research and detailed account analysis.
- Investigating cases on the Bank’s Case Management System as well as assisting in the monitoring and reporting of accounts where suspicious or unusual activity is noted.
- Reviewing AML Risk Assessment Forms as well as performing continuing Activity Reviews while completing Suspicious Activity Reports.
- Preparing case investigation documents for presentation at account review meeting and account closure meeting which is periodical.
- Handling multiple tasks concurrently as well as exercising the analytical skills possessed by the candidate.
- Reviewing or investigating cases on the Bank’s Case Management System as well as CIP and KYC documents.
- Completing continuing Activity Reviews and Reports of complete Suspicious Activity.
- Performing due diligence on customer accounts as well as reporting negative findings to BSA management.
- Performing review of suspicious activity monitoring reports, AML Risk Assessment Forms as well as referring potentially suspicious activity for escalation and account closure where appropriate.
- Communicating with branch personnel and management to verify the accuracy of customer information and the determination of activity in question expected for the particular type of customer and if discrepancies are documented and resolved.
- Contributing in a team-oriented and collaborative environment to improve the analytical and reporting processes.
- Performing special projects and other additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- Ensuring that all the employees are accountable to maintain Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance while adhering to internal control policies and procedures while performing the responsibilities of the job as at when applicable.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of one to three years work experience in banking, and the BSA/AML field is preferred.
Knowledge and skills:
- Working knowledge and a good understanding of general OFAC, BSA/AML, and USA PATRIOT Act and risk management principles.
- An excellent knowledge of core banking systems and BSA monitoring systems is required.
- Strong internet research skills coupled with strong verbal and communication skills.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills to analyze problems and provide solutions to the problems.
- Excellent organization skills with a high degree of accuracy and ability to pay excellent attention to details.
- PC literacy with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to contribute and work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment or the purpose of improving the analytical and reporting processes of the bank.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment as well as the ability to meet deadlines.