This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
4500 to 5200 per month
December 10 2018
The newly created Design Management Department seek a BIM Manager who will streamline the development of an approach towards Building Information Modelling in the DEME group. The position is a centralized information approach based on 3D models allowing to build the project virtually in advance. The interfaces are solved before the actual construction to bring about the significant reduction in failure cost and risks on the project. In some current projects, it is an obligation from the client, but the principles of the BIM approach could be beneficial in projects in general.
You will collaborate with the Manager Design Management and work by:
- Evaluating the needs of DEME on BIM as well as determining the internally available resources on BIM and 3D.
- Familiarizing yourself with the main BIM software, and the concepts of IFC and classes.
- Identifying possible subcontractors and freelancers that can help in support of the department and the sites in their BIM demands.
- Helping the sites in setting up the BIM organization and writing the BIM deployment plans.
- Supporting the tender department with requests regarding BIM while creating and upgrading the deployment strategies for the BIM implementation.
- Representing DEME in external expert groups and the BIM Innovation Platform as well as setting up a general training program for BIM within DEME.
- A motivated engineer with a minimum of five years experience.
- Strong managerial skills coupled with an interest in new technologies and the ability to invest in self-learning.
- Previous experience with BIM or BIM software is a plus but not required.
- The Strong analytical mindset with the ability to work independently.
- Fluency in English language and Dutch.
- Opportunities to deploy your career in a highly competitive multinational environment in Belgium, with short assignments abroad.
- Ability to work in close cooperation with a team of highly motivated colleagues.
- Top quality education and training opportunities coupled with a competitive salary and extra-legal benefits.