This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 4500 to $ 5200 per month
South Jordan, JORDANIA
November 19 2017
We seek a Business Excellence Program Specialist who will coordinate activities related to the Merit Business Excellence System (MBES). Such individual will plan, schedule and lead continuous improvement activities with cross functional teams to promote continuous improvement culture.
- Planning, scheduling and executing ""Program"" activities with cross functional teams, prepare status reports to communicate program progress.
- Leading or being part of the cross function teams (e.g. Engineering, Finance, HR, Materials, Production, Quality Groups) in specific activities relating to MBES Programs, such as 5S, TWI, TPM, SMED, Flow, Pull Systems, Standardised Work, Heijunka, etc.
- Training Within Industry (TWI) by:
• Establishing the “one best way” to perform a task in order to develop Job Breakdown Sheets (JBS), in partnership with process owners
• Prioritising tasks to be broken down into JBS e.g. highest rework or scrap level, longest training ramp up time etc.
• Ensuring the compliance of Document Job Breakdown Sheets (JBS) with quality system requirements
• Partner process owners to train employees using the Job Breakdown Sheet (JBS), document this training; Audit employee compliance to Job Breakdown Sheet (JBS) method
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) by:
• Reviewing equipment / downtime data and determining repeat issues within equipment
• Planning and executing equipment upgrades (working closely with the engineering group)
• Developing daily; weekly and monthly tasks that are 'employee' friendly - moving some of the routine maintenance tasks away from the technician and onto the equipment user
- 5S, (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardise, Sustain)
• Working with Process owners to train on 5S and implement the standard
• Leading or serving as a team member in 5S workshops.
• Prioritizing areas where 5S should be implemented
- Identifying & implementing continuous improvements activities, where these can be implemented using the ""Lean Tools"" tools.
- Initiating initial release or document changes for procedures relevant to all tasks.
- Performing other related duties as required.
Essential Physical or Environmental Demands:
- As recommended by Occupational Physician at pre-employment medical.
Summary of Minimum Qualifications:
- Passing Leaving Certificate Standard, preferably with a Certificate or Diploma in training or technical related field, or related area educational certificate, such as a High School Diploma.
- Two years’ experience in a manufacturing organisation or equivalent relevant experience.
- Knowledge of quality principles as defined in the regulations and the ability to utilize these methods in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) & interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within a cross functional team as a team member, or at times as in a leading role.
- Ability to adjust programs to suit all skill set or levels and a great attention to details as well as the ability to challenge the routine and promote charge.
- Ability to work under own initiative or as part of a team to meet targets/goals efficiently and in a timely manner as well as ensuring that work continues to flow at all times.
- Ability to read and understand complex manufacturing and production information, including production drawings, work orders, and related manufacturing and quality specifications.
- Knowledge of process flows to effectively facilitate workshops and flexibility and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Strongly prefer recognised Lean Certification (e.g. Yellow Belt, Green Belt etc.) or equivalent experience with a good working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma Tools e.g. 5 Lean Principles; 7 Wastes; 5S; S.I.O.P.C & Process Map; Cause & Effect, TWI, TPM, SMED etc.
- Strongly prefer knowledge on the principles of the one or more Lean Programs & its effective implementation.
- Knowledge of, and adherence to, the MMIL Safety Statement and all aspects of safe working practices including, but not limited to, PPE, manual handling and chemical handling and awareness.
Skills and expertise:
- Identify waste and challenge as appropriate using lean tools and the ability to work with production to identify solutions and drive improvement.
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge, computer skills and the training skills.
- Demonstrated organisational values COMMENTS Infectious Control Risk Category II.