This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
2500 to 3500 per month
November 24 2018
About the company:
The Business Intelligence Team is located in Amsterdam works with the global Business Development team. The Business Intelligence Team’s main task is to assess the feasibility and profitability of new business ideas and initiatives.
About the job:
We seek experienced Business Intelligence Developers who will mainly be responsible for data structuring and ad-hoc data requests from the business. They will also be responsible for Business Intelligence reporting and data analytics.
- Structured storing of Business development data
- Making data available always as well as answering data requests for the business
- Providing Business Intelligence reports in a very qualitative and timeless manner
- Prioritizing analyses in consultation with Business Development Managers and the BDC as well as planning work accordingly
- Providing analysis to the stakeholders in management to ease decision making whereby each analysis will have a responsible analyst, although others could contribute to the analysis.
- Translating requirements from the business into concrete analyses and business cases
- Formulating clear goals or hypothesis for each prioritized analysis
- Sharing intermediate progress updates to manage expectations
- Giving input to weekly or bi-weekly status overview of progress and potential issues related to tasks
- Actively sharing knowledge within the team
- Thoughtfully making use of the time of other teams
Joint team objectives:
- Improving processes, transparency, and accountability of business intelligence
- Allocating the time of the team to prioritized items predominantly
- Separating work into phases with clearer timelines
- Improving the automation of status reporting and breakdowns
- Improving the cooperation of the team
- Acting upon clearly defined responsibilities and expectations
- Improving the cooperation with other teams
- Becoming an established and valued ‘department’ in a year
- A University degree in Computing Science or Econometrics, Business or Economics
- A range of 3-5 years working experience in a data analytics or data handling role with technical focus
- Experience with working in teams and projects
- A Strong knowledge of technology is a plus
- Experience in programming is an advantage
- Familiarity with and experience using the software development life cycle.
- Experience in code debugging.
- A good knowledge of the financial markets is an advantage
- Understanding of the flow trader’s landscape l(used technologies and interaction) and the alternatives available in the market
- Being able to focus on achieving and preserving objectives and results, in the face of adversity
- Ability to work with other members to effectively contribute to a common objective
- Ability to deal with incomplete requirements and a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to stay focus on examining matters in a systematic way
- Presenting one’s viewpoint verbally or in written form in a way that the information is conveyed effectively.
- Effectively and being consistent in handling detailed information,
- Organising activities and setting time frames and priorities in a systematic way.