This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 35000 to $ 50000 per annum
Koh Rong Archipelago, CAMBODIA
September 12 2021
About the Job:
We seek a qualified person to fill the vacant post of the Conservation Manager and work with the resort management to showcase the islands natural biodiversity on land and in the sea as well as pioneering the Island sustainable projects which will also include training to aid an easy communication with guests of different level of education around the world. The position works in close partnership with Song Saa Foundation with the aim of continuing the aiding and pioneering of innovative programs in conservation and community development.
What we expect:
The qualified applicant will be a dynamic, self-starting and highly motivated individual that can embrace without leaving anything behind the Song Saa’s vision of luxury that treads lightly.
- Leading the planning processes as well as performing administrative and task completion roles about conversation and environmental management activities that the resort is responsible for.
- Monitoring and educating people to ensure the sustainability of the everyday activities within Song Saa Private Island.
- Working with Heads of Department with the aim of continuing the improvement of our practices as well as implementing tactile environmental initiatives which are not limited to natural composting, ocean and island clean up’s among others.
- Working in close partnership with Song Saa Foundation with the aim of assisting guest in to understand the pioneering and innovative programs in conservation and community development.
- Being able to easily cross over between hospitality and conservation world
- Providing direction to their fellow team members while also working as a part of the team.
- Interacting the guest as well as communicating the Song Saa Foundation Work as regards to some salient issues which would include flora, fauna and community projects found in the archipelago.
- Leading guest to understand the challenges faced in the community by leading on Off Island Community Awareness Programs.
- Assisting with watersports activities and explaining when required.
- Talking and assisting guests or employers with education relating to marine life and waters around the Island.
- Overseeing the Island movement as well as facilitating philanthropic support to the local community school with the aim of achieving a progressive learning environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
- At least two years’ experience working in the conservation field.
- Experience in living and working in remote locations is essential.
- Experience in the interface between conservation and the hospitality industry would be desirable.
- Experience in the region is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to communicate well both in the written and speaking form of English.
- A degree in Marine Conservation, Environmental Management or similar field id required.
- A computer literacy as well as a top notch knowledge and experience with Word and Excel proficiency.
- A minimum PADI Open Water Certification is required as a diver.
- Possession of a current first aid certificate and being able to handle boat is a desire.
- Enthusiasm, passion, and commitment to works with the aim of ensuring that customer enjoys.
- The position is opened to both local Nationals and Expatriates.