This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 3000 to $ 5000 per month
Cap Haitien, HAITI
December 7 2018
About the Job:
Louis Berger, who is serving as the Owner’s Representative for the USAID-funded Rehabilitation of the Cap Haitian Port in Haiti seek the service of a construction Inspector whose mobilization to the site will occur on or around August of 2017. The construction inspector will work under the direction of the Chief of Party and the Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE).
- Conducting and managing a variety of field work observation and inspections.
- Working in an outdoor environment performing functions of:
• Observing and documenting construction contractor’s activities for conformance with contract requirements.
• Preparing daily reports with the details of the status of the work including the confirmation of work completed, available resources and job site conditions.
• Assisting with any Request for Information (RFI).
• Verifying and documenting the proper execution of project designs.
• Confirming quantities for pay applications.
• Maintaining QC and inspection records.
- At least an associate degree in civil engineering technology or construction is desired.
- Three years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of construction practices, material, specifications, codes, and regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret construction specifications, blueprints, and plans and to recognize deviations from such plans during construction.
- Ability to diagnose defects and hazards in construction projects.
- Ability to perform technical computations, analyze data and prepare reports based on findings.
- Ability to stand and work outside on project site with uneven terrain involving waterfront foundation and concrete works.
- Ability to read printed materials and a computer screen.