This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
£ 7500 to £ 8000 per month
Somerset, UNITED KINGDOM
October 3 2021
The client of this company produces one-fifth of the electricity of the nation from our nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat and power plants. They focus on a safe and dependable generation and an ethos of service excellence. The company intends to play a lead role in the nuclear build in the UK, and secure for its employees and the combined business, a ‘bright future.'
The candidate qualified for this job must be an experienced Engineer and is to act as the Temporary Construction Asset Integration Lead.
This project is divided into some Works Programmes that would take responsibility for the delivery of the permanent work assets such as Main Civil Works, Marine Works, etc. The Construction Contractors of this project would be required to develop temporary works and construction designs of assets that must be coordinated with the configuration of the wider project site and comply with the environmental and DCO requirements to facilitate the delivery of permanent works.
Major temporary works and construction assets include Concrete Batching Plant & Aggregate Stores, Tower Cranes, and Foundations, Concrete Pumping Facilities, Ring Crane and foundations, Jetty Mechanical Handling Plants, Material conveyor systems, Compound layouts, including welfare, utilities, Equipment lifting systems, and storage.
- Reporting to the Construction Engineer Coordination Team Manager of the project directly
- Preparing and administering the plans of the Technical Coordination Surveillance specific to the roles and responsibilities of the Engineering Directorate, that would support the surveillance plans owned by the Pre-Construction Planning
- Taking responsibility for the reviews of the technical coordination to support the overall surveillance process
- Ensuring that the agreed timeframe undertakes the reviews of the technical coordination by the PCP Surveillance Lead Reviewer
- Liaising and coordinating with the wider project Engineering Directorate entities and the Responsible Designer entities, wherever applicable, in France
- Challenging the pre-construction planning of the solutions proposed, such as the reduction of design or cost of construction, technical requirements, sustainability of detailed designs, quality of detailed designs, etc.
- Coordinating or organizing the review meetings of CDM, and liaising with the relevant project Principal Designer and the CDM-A on the development of the design
- Liaising with the Temporary Works Controller and the Site Configuration Manager of the project to ensure the ongoing site works are integrated and complied with
- Managing the relevant technical interfaces with the other interfacing Projects or Programmes and other associated designer packages
- Compliance with the policies and procedures of the project QA
- A University Degree is required, but not essential
- Membership in a Professional body is a plus
- Experience in major infrastructure projects design and management
- Experience in management of interface, coordination, and configuration
- Experience in the design principles of mechanics and civil structure, and in the use of British and European Standards
- An exceptional organizational skill, and ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- A sound knowledge of the regulations of CDM and the role of Principal Designer
- Excellent professional qualities such as accuracy, tenacity, a result and teamwork-oriented attitude, and diplomacy
- An excellent communication or interpersonal skill demonstrated with various levels of the organization and externally
- A discreet individual confidential when dealing with sensitive information