This job was found on Expat Jobs.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
6000 to 6500 per month
September 18 2017
- Providing proactive monitoring of contractual rights and obligations to ensure the protection of the company's entitlements.
- Ensuring that the project team is aware of areas of contractual/financial risk exposure, in liaison with the Central Competence Centre and Legal Department.
- Supporting the Tender team in the analyzation of the contractual documents as well as drafting appropriate wording for bid qualifications and conditions, together with the legal department.
- Monitoring entitlements to variation instructions and timeous submission of relevant contractual notices.
- Establishing and maintaining records of resources involved and effects on program/other activities for recovery of time and money arising out of extra works.
- Making timely requests for extensions of time, and for claims, by contractual obligations.
- Assisting in the evaluation and submission of interim applicants for payment as well as producing claims for acceleration in conjunction with the project manager.
- Participating in the selection of subcontractors for tender inquiries, and prepare tender inquiries.
- Securing agreement on terms and conditions under guidance and direction of the project manager.
- Raising payment certificates timeously to enable the accounts department to pay by appropriate dates
- An excellent engineering background or a chartered quantity surveyor by qualification or experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills n both English and German with evidence of study of relevant branches of law, standard contracts (FIDIC, NEC3, etc.) and disputes resolution processes.
- Experience in a similar role preferably in a marine design and build environment.
- Ability to think analytically and laterally with a flexible attitude.
- Willingness to work in international projects and at our head office in Belgium, and on international assignments.
- Ability to work within a team with gregarious attitude.
- Opportunities to develop your career in a competitive multinational environment in Belgium and abroad.
- Ability to work in close cooperation with a team of motivated colleagues.
- Excellent quality education and training opportunities with a competitive salary with extra-legal benefits.