This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 5500 to $ 7500 per month
Fort Hills, Wood Buffalo, Alberta, CANADA
November 17 2017
We seek a Control Room Specialist, Primary Extraction who will be responsible for maintaining the safe and reliable monitoring and operation of the process equipment via the Distributive COtrol System (DCS) within the primary extraction plant area to optimize production in a safe and environmentally responsible manner as per the production plan. Such individual will also be responsible for reporting to the manager, primary extraction operation as well as the training and mentoring of new operators.
- Executing production plan activities with the other control room operator as well as assigning tasks to on-shift operators throughout the plant.
- Developing procedures, DCS Factory Assurance Testing (FAT), Operator Training Simulator (OTS), performing system walk downs, as well as commissioning and start-up activities (including loop checks) while ensuring the operator training and development
- Coordinating and monitoring plant operations through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems
- Making key decisions to adjust or change process to respond to unit conditions
- Identifying any area of concern, troubleshoot, as well as making necessary adjustments to equipment.
- Controlling and regulating flow rates, temperatures, pressures and vessel levels within the operating plant.
- Providing initial response to emergency response, evacuation, start up including the shutting down of the system when required.
- Maintaining the shift log and other data as well as preparing operational, production and other reports as at when required.
- Ensuring the compliance with all relevant Suncor policies and standards with no exception to including the Management of Change (MoC) and business processes to uphold all health, safety and environment standards.
- Participating in the incident investigation to ascertain some problems as at when practicable.
Experience and Education:
- A minimum of ten years of petrochemical, extraction, mineral processing or refining experience.
- At least three years working experience on a plant control system within ore preparation or extraction
- Experience in coaching, training and mentoring junior staff.
- A diploma or degree in a relevant technical field while power engineering accreditation is preferable.
- A clean driving record with a valid driver’s license is required.
- A high School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
Skills and Knowledge:
- In-depth technical knowledge and a demonstrated expertise in plant operations
- Experience in the use of control panels, computer terminals and another control system especially Honeywell Experion.
- A good understanding of the technical operating environment as well as the ability to coordinate daily objectives.
- Setting priorities for the purpose of achieving the daily production plan.
- Excellent working knowledge of environmental health, safety regulations as well as a good understanding of loss management techniques.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office and a minimum of one industry standard ENgterprise Resource Planning tool preferably SAP.
- Strong judgmental, analytical and decision making skills for complex operational issues coupled with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities as well as deliver aggressive timelines in an operations environment while demonstrating team leadership skills.
- Strong organization skills to organize things around.
- A shift schedule work of seven days on and seven days off rotation.
- The position is a camp-based position at the Fort Hills site, and it is safety sensitive.