This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 7500 to $ 8500 per month
The Woodlands, UNITED STATES
September 21 2021
We seek to appoint a Project Finance Counsel who will serve as a member of the Global Legal Department which is located in the Woodlands, TX. The qualified candidate will report to the Head of the Corporate Practice Group with dotted line reporting to the head of the Global LNG Legal Practice Group on a daily basis. The qualified individual will serve as the legal lead for project finance strategy, execution and negotiation as a specialized member of the Legal Department. Apart from this, the successful candidate will play an important role in the delivery of the project financing for the Company’s World class $20B LNG project in Mozambique.
- Serving as the lead in-house project finance counsel that will be responsible for the provision of legal advice and support to the Mozambique LNG project’s finance, commercial, marketing and legal teams.
- Partnering with outside counsel, financial advisors and project partners to structure, draft and negotiate relevant project finance documentation and build consensus on complex issues.
- Collaborating with an interdisciplinary team of commercial, marketing and shipping lawyers with the main responsibility of ensuring the legal aspects of the financing of the project.
- Managing the work of outside counsel to ensure the highest quality of legal representation in a cost-effective way.
- Providing legal support as may be required by the Mozambique LNG finance team.
- Communicating with Senior and Executive management on matters related to project finance issues as may be necessary.
- A minimum of ten years experience in leading complex international finance transactions which involves export-credit agencies and multi-lateral financial institutions, at a top-tier law firm or multinational corporation.
- Ability to structure, draft, negotiate, manage and close financings for complex, limited recourse, international project finance transactions with export credit agencies and multilateral credit support institutions
- Experience in the LNG industry is highly preferred with significant experience with large scale and international project finance in an energy sector will be considered.
- Technical knowledge of the elements of a complex, limited recourse, international project finance transaction and documentation thereof, including loan and security documentation, inter-creditor agreements and government agency credit arrangement.
- Ability to structure, draft and negotiate project finance documentation as well as a proven track record working on complex projects with numerous international based partners and lenders.
- Ability to manage outside counsel on limited recourse and complex international project finance transactions.
- Experience in project finance transactions in civil law countries as well as the ability to work effectively as a part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated deal experience with the deal list including candidate’s roles should be provided.
- At least eight years of experience in leading complex international project finance transactions is required
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in the United States or the United Kingdom.
- This position may be eligible for relocation.
- This position requires a twenty-five percent period of traveling.
- This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.