This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 5500 to $ 7000 per month
Hong Kong, HONG KONG
December 13 2018
About the Job
The CUHK Business School seeks an intelligent, qualified, professional and highly experienced individual to fill the position of a Director of School of Hotel and Tourism Management with the aim of working in the interest of the school.
About the School
The School of Hotel and Tourism Management (SHTM) was established in 1998 as an integral part of the Business School. It was established given the growing significance of the hospitality industry in Hong Kong and Asia. The SHTM’s mission is to develop leaders in the hospitality industry by delivering a broad business education with a hospitality focus. The School is in the process of developing a strategic plan to strengthen teaching and research capabilities in the real estate area, from the perspective of the hospitality industry. It now comprises a dynamic group of academic and professional teaching staff members supported by a team of teaching, research, and administrative support staff as well as a food and beverage team.
To nurture future leaders for the hospitality and real estate industries, the SHTM offers programs at different levels. The programs offered are:
- BBA in Hospitality and Real Estate
- MSc in Management of Real Estate and Hospitality Assets
- MPhil-PhD in Business Administration
- Reporting to the Dean every activity carried out in the confine of the legal limit of the duties.
- Being responsible for the overall success of the SHTM with the ability to act proactively.
- Providing strategic leadership roles to both academic and professional teams in the School.
- Enhancing both the quality and reputation of the school’s research and programs
- Creating and strengthening the connection with the profession as well as the community through the involvement in community engagement and other necessary activities.
Experience & Skill:
- A rich experience in the hospitality industry or related sectors is very essential.
- Connection with the professional as well as having an international outlook is required.
- Outstanding communication and networking skills are of necessity.
- Having a long term vision and a strong commitment to hospitality and real estate.
- Familiarity with the region is a plus.
- A higher degree in business, hospitality or other related disciplines with a substantial combination of teaching, administrative and professional experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been developed.
- A teaching experience in the tertiary education sector, and an appreciation of the teaching and research mission of the university.
Terms of the Appointment:
- The appointment is made on a contract basis for three years which commences as soon as possible.
- The Appointment is renewable subject to agreement and may be considered for a courtesy title of Professor of Practice or Associate Professor of Practice in the relevant discipline.