This job was found on Expat Jobs.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 7500 to $ 7700 per month
HOUSTON, United States
July 27 2017
Our company seeks a DSSL Region Petrophysicist-Sr for the purpose of providing technical support for all our LWD applications with no exclusion to log processing, interpretation, technical sales supports and the introduction of new technology.
- Providing log processing and interpretation support for advanced LWD services and job planning with no exclusion to borehole image processing and interpretation, geo-steering support, sonic log processing and formation of pressure testing.
- Ensuring the availability of sales and marketing support for all LWD services with no exception of technical presentations to customers.
- Serving as technical resources for sales to address all questions regarding LWD measurement specifications, applications, and the modalities of LWD services compare with competitor’s LWD and wireline services.
- Providing submission for an additional objective to a minimum of one LWD-related technical paper abstract on a yearly basis.
- Serving as the country focal point and liaison with the DS Global Support for the sole purpose of troubleshooting LWD logs and dealing with special customer applications requests.
- Providing technical leaderships for local introduction of new LWD services coupled with the understanding of all Weatherford Quality Policy and the compliance with the requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating, Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Complying and understanding all the safety rules and company policies of Weatherford as well as ensuring that all work and assignment in your care are carried out to the highest quality level.
- Performing various activities and duties as may be assigned to you by your supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Serving as a long clerk to routinely produce final logs and customer deliverables except for post-well processing and interpretation products as well as direct sales responsibility.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Acquisition, processing and interpretation expertise of LWD logs.
- Proficiency in LWD and wireline technology and applications and the basic understanding of drilling operations is required.
- A Bachelor degree or any tertiary institution degree in geoscience or engineering.
- A minimum of five years professional experience with an oil company or logging service company.
- Professional and previous academic exposure to well log interpretation.
- Excellent Presentation skills, oral and written communication skills in both appropriate local language and English.
- Domestic and international travel is significantly required.
- Experience in the advanced LWD applications like sonic logging, borehole imaging, geo-steering among others.
- At least two working year’s experience as a wireline field or LWD engineer.