This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 2500 to $ 3000 per month
Sheffield, UNITED KINGDOM
December 18 2018
We seek applications from qualified people to fill the position of GIS Technician for our gas engineering team which is based in Sheffield. The qualified and successful candidate will generate digital records of network asset via the transportation “as laid and abandoned drawings” into National Grid’s Asset repository in line with D42 standards.
TRIIO specialises in delivering the design and contracting services for the UK’s gas distribution network as well as providing the best possible service to our customers. TRIIO is a joint venture organisation that is owned by Morrison Utility Services and Skanska UK. Application for this job could lead to employment within the parent company.
- Carrying out validation checks to ensure details on relevant documents match the information provided on the documents produced by the DCT i.e. as laid, as abandoned drawing and span sheet.
- Liaising with the DCT’s, DCV’s and DCT teams for the purpose of resolving any query in an efficient manner.
- Undertaking redesigns for the purpose of ensuring that the design has been amended.
- Digitising the records submitted by the DCT’s as well as uploading all the required documents from the project pack into DMS (Document Management System).
- Undertaking SAP checks to ensure that all the required main operations are present SA.
- Carrying out stage 2 validation which includes the post digitisation validation checks for the singular purpose of ensuring the production of a high quality standard.
- Ensuring the transportation of records into digital records within a set deadline.
- Ensuring the updates of all status change within the internal business system as well as undertaking DR4 Checks as well as the creation of DR4.
- Ensuring adherence to the process of DR23, DR4 and other relevant NG and TRIIO policies.
What we are looking for:
- Good understanding of Gas Mains Replacement Programme, Esri, SAP and DMS.
- Previous experience of using Esri software is preferable.
- Team player as well as the ability to work to set deadlines in an organised manner.
- Meticulous attention to details is highly required.