This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 6000 to $ 9500 per month
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
December 20 2018
Our Internationl client is looking for a Head of Mining for the Region Asia-Pacific
- Advise and assist in the evaluation of employing local mining engineers in emerging markets. Establish job profiles for mining engineers in the various Asian countries.
- Conduct training of local mining engineers in advanced mining methods and on rock mechanics and “safe extraction concepts”.
- P&L responsibility for mining cost, MOR (mining operations report), QMP (quarry material program) and mining CAPEX.
- Improve underground ventilation to arrive at Western standards improved working conditions for miners, dust suppression, etc.
- Evaluate present and future mineral deposits in view of mining investment and development and optimized mining operation.
University degree/master in Mining Engineering
- International exposure working with cultures & challenges
- In-depth knowledge and proven experience of environmental and safety regulations related to mines and quarries (hand on field experience)
- Former experience with a mineral processing company (low volumes) and in an international organization
- A mature personality with a high integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cultural sensitivity, social competence and very strong team player.
- Ability for planning, development and implementation of raw material strategies / mining plans.
- Excellent communication skills
- Languages: Must be fluent in English – others desirable, include Mandarin or other Asian languages
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office and Mining software (Surpac)