This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
£ 33000 to £ 50000 per annum
Grimsby, UNITED KINGDOM
September 16 2021
• Influencing and informing the management population to ensure the compliance of the decisions made with the current employment legislation and business requirements.
• Engaging with the Senior or Management team on the contract to implement and steer the HR agenda within resourcing, compensation and benefits, ER and L&D.
• Developing effective partnering relationships with HR teams, operational teams, trade union representatives, clients & customers.
- Transformation & Growth
• Supporting the recruitment of the senior operational managers in a proactive manner.
• Using the monthly HR statistics for the purpose of identifying trends which will help in the management of such trends or resolutions in the interests of the business.
• Supporting the daily performance of management skills and competencies of the managerial employees with the target of reducing the amount of formal disciplinary and grievances.
• Providing information on TUPE to the local business development team as well as attending customer meetings.
• Supporting managers in succession planning and talent management activities.
• Ensuring that the succession plans are organic and reviewed in line with policy.
• Developing and implementing learning solutions to support the development of employees across all sectors with the support of the L&D team. Support managers in succession planning and talent management activities.
• Ensuring the understanding and application of the principles of the competency and Behavior Frameworks by the Mangers.
• Ensuring the training of the managers in the use of OneHR (Company’s Appraisal system) and another appraisal system.
• Supporting managers during the all Annual Salary Reviews throughout the year in rating their team.
• Considering the impact of the review on the next training plan, budget and succession plans.
• Challenging behaviors to ensure that our managers and employees are aligned with our company values.
• Supporting HTBP and Management team to drive a high level of employee engagement in the Region.
• Promoting a culture of colleague engagement, continuous improvement where required retention as well as gaining IiP accreditation.
• Attending Employee Forums as required as well as providing information on policy, procedure and escalate issues or concerns ensuring the appropriate address to time and at the right level.
• Ensuring the compliance with all people related statutory and company procedures.
• Ensuring awareness of managers as well as ensuring they work towards the resourcing and payrolling processes which make them support colleagues in HR shared service “to get it right first time” for the purpose of reducing the cost to recruit and payroll as well as promoting the culture.
- Employee Relations:
• Providing commercially focused advice and support to managers on all employee relations issues in line with Company Procedures including TUPE transfers, disciplinary, grievances and absence management.
• Supporting the HR Advisor in managing ER cases and escalating complex cases to S/HRBP.
• Creating commercial solutions to tribunal claims as well as managing relationships with solicitors and ACAS when approved.
• Assisting ad-hoc or national projects with the wider HR team and Group such as job leveling, share options, etc.
- A Bachelor degree or its equivalent with generalist HR experience.
- CIPD or its equivalent as well as a sound working knowledge of operational HR issues.
- A sound understanding of UK HR policies, best practices, and UK employment law.
- Solid legislative knowledge as well as a strong relationship or stakeholder management skills.
- A proactive team player who has an ability to act on own initiatives as well as take responsibility when required.
- Emotionally intelligent with a demonstrable experience in influencing and challenging Senior Management.
- A minimum of a three-year history of employment as well as verifiable information for any inadequacy.
- In the absence of three years of the previous employment, a professional reference from a lecturer, lawyer, bank manager among others is required.
- A proof of identity as well as eligibility to work in the UK which includes photographic I.D, Passport or Driving Licence, Passport and all relevant work permits or NI Number information/proof and full Birth certificate.
- Two proofs of address from within the last three months i.e. Council Tax bill, bank statement, or utility bill.
- Any required qualifications or driving license when required for the role.