This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 3000 to $ 7000 per month
Dundee, Michigan, UNITED STATES
November 20 2018
About the job:
The Internal Controls Manager needs excellent leadership and communication skills, and the ability to effectively and persuasively collaborate with all business and process areas with the aim of ensuring the adherence of LafargeHolcim North American region to defined Internal Control Standards within the context of a dynamic environment in relation to system, organisation, and processes as the case may be.
This position is for supporting Business Process Owners (BPO’s) and Control Owners in the execution of annual Internal Control cycle activities, including communication requirements and timelines. The position is also responsible for updating control documentation, developing training, and executing test plans, reporting test results, monitoring control remediation, and ongoing communication with all levels of the Business. The North America Internal Control Organisation consists of two managers of which each is responsible for their country-specific matters (e.g. internal control plan, reporting on points of attention and testing results, communications with country management, etc) as well as transversal business processes allocated among the managers (e.g. expenditures, finance, legal, HR, etc.).
- Demonstrating a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Understanding the end-to-end business processes for all product lines and at all levels which are corporate, shared service centers, business units with a view of:
• Identifying operational, financial and compliance risks.
• Managing control documentation updates with Business Process Owners.
• Concluding on control design and operating effectiveness
• Developing, documenting and executing test plans which include training testers where applicable.
• Formulating appropriate, practical, and cost-effective recommendations and remediation action plans where applicable.
• Developing and promoting standard and consistent processes and controls across respective product lines or business units in North America
• Managing internal control assessments in a variety of environment, divisions, product lines, and applications as well as assessing appropriately the exposures which result from ineffective or missing control practice.
• Participating in LHNA Governance Committees to support effective functionality and maintenance of the LHNA Governance vision for control and continuous process improvement.
• Communicating annual IC Cycle requirement to BPO’s and Senior Management, and ensure understanding and commitment
• Developing the annual Risk Assessment and Internal Control Plan as well as reporting on the Internal Control Points of Attention.
• Liaising with Group IC on ARIS and RVR-related issues and coordinating the deployment of directives, policies, and procedures.
• Liaising with External Auditors on audit requests, testing delegation to NAIC, and reporting to local and Group Management.
• Identifying the Segregation of Duties (SoD) risks, monitoring consistently SoD conflicts as well as mitigating controls, and facilitating effective remediation of existing conflicts.
• Administering and ensuring proactive application and the use of Internal Control Tools.
• Exhibiting creativity and innovation in the recommendation of improvements to NAIC’s practices and processes.
• Enhancing the safety culture of LafargeHolcim by ensuring adherence to safety policy and taking ownership for ensuring a safe a safe workplace.
• Escalating appropriately the safety issues to management, and participating in safety initiatives when possible.
• Leading, coaching and developing staff to be security conscious.
Skills and Experience:
- At least ten years of experience in a manufacturing or public accounting environment is required.
- At least one of the following professional training and certifications like CPA, CA, CIA, CMA, CGA and CFE is required.
- Advanced skills in Excel is required while experience in SAP is a plus.
- Traveling will be between 20-25% of the time.
- Public Accounting, Sarbanes-Oxley, Internal Control, Internal Audit or External Audit experience are required.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s or Undergraduate Degree is required.
- A Master’s or Graduate degree is preferred.
- Degree must be in the area of Accounting, Finance or Business.