This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 5200 to $ 5500 per month
New York, UNITED STATES
December 16 2017
We seek an IT Solution Architect-Systems and Storage who will be saddled with the main responsibility of leading the development of systems and Architectural storage standards as well as ensuring the implementation of technology initiatives within the framework as well as leading technology solutions with the IT Systems and Storage Engineering team.
- Being responsible for all the development and recommendation of the Systems and Storage Architecture Standards.
- Ensuring the provision of technical leadership for all complex projects as well as ensuring the success of all enterprise level systems technology solution activities.
- Ensuring the production and reviews of all solutions for the purpose of ensuring the full enforcement and implementation of the best practices and the accuracy of the documentation.
- Making sure that deployment, operations and the engineering teams are sufficient.
- Working in conjunction with product application and infrastructure teams with the aim of creating a technology and product roadmap.
- Developing and maintaining all systems or storage architecture design, policies, standards and analysis of works actively.
- Supporting the IT Application and Relationship Managers by working and acting as the Systems or Storage Consultant for the purpose of understanding and developing solutions for the business.
- Ensuring the provision of technical guidance to all project team as at when appropriate.
- Functioning as a subject matter expert as well as an internal consultant to IT management.
- Keeping current on industry trends as well as maintaining knowledge of new technology.
- Participating in the development of policies, standards and guidelines which direct the selection, development, implementation and the use of IT within the organisation.
- Performing special projects, additional duties and responsibilities as may be required.
- Performing your functions in line with the Sarbanes-Oxley and internal control policies and procedures.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering and other related equivalent work experience.
- At least five years of experience with amajor focus on enterprise level systems and storage engineering.
Knowledge and abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of complex infrastructure and other system solutions.
- Experience with VMware data centre and desktop technology stack with no exclusion to physical and virtual global storage and network technologies.
- Ability to use trending and automated interaction with physical infrastructure coupled with the expertise in using Linux, Microsoft Windows among others.
- Experience in Cloud Methodologies, Automation, Cost framework and orchestration are highly required.
- Excellent leadership skills coupled with the entrepreneurial spirit for the development of the best of breed TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) solutions for the organisation.
- Excellent analytical, organisational, interpersonal and management skills.
- Ability to go into technical and business writings coupled with the ability to communicate vision.
- Ability to strategize, and communicate well and relate with others at different levels.
- The capability to translate all business needs into Solution Architecture requirements.