This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 11300 to $ 11500 per month
September 11 2021
We seek a Senior Technical Member of the Subsurface team who will be responsible for the building and updating of all the reservoir models, field development activities planning, planning, and monitoring all the operational activities across Ghana Assets. The right person must be able to input to geological projects and activities as well as do different regional work while integrating all the study results into the field development models. You will also be expected to perform all the necessary QC model building and uncertainty modeling to bring about consistency which is needed for field development planning. Moreover, you are also employed to ensure the proper links between static and dynamic works by liaising with all the reservoir engineers. Our company will also expect you to be able to build accurate and comprehensive databases of data that are gathered in conjunction with the Geoscience team members. All work is expected to be carried out to the right standard in line with Tullow internal processes while contributing to geological training and mentoring of the junior staff.
- Working with a team of geoscientists and PE’s to update all the static models for history matching and forecasting for the purpose of reserve evaluation inputs.
- Capturing all the geological uncertainties feeding into additional dat acquisition plans which would also include the uncertainty analysis and reservoir modeling.
- Making sure that plans on infill or other necessary development opportunities as may be required.
- Aligning all technical activities with the necessary business objectives to bring about prompt delivery which will ensure the fast delivery of solutions to problems.
- Presenting all the recommendations to the Peer reviews, partners or managers as well as educating and training all the Junior and Graduate Geoscientists.
- Ensuring that all the best practices in geomodelling technics and petrel workflows are reinforced in the Accra office.
- Defining all the field data acquisition programs as well as field monitoring while providing high quality geological evaluations, reservoir and well correlations to the Development Team.
- Giving technical assistance and guidance to other teams in Tullow as may be required.
Education and Skills:
- A Master degree or its equivalent in Geoscience degree.
- Excellent 3D static modeling skills coupled with dynamicsimulation and volumetric assessments.
- Broad petroleum geology experience with an in-depthexperience in the oil field development and production geology.
- Excellent but detailed background in turbidite sedimentology
- A good understanding of a range of structural regimes and depositional environments.
- Experience working as an expert in Petrel Geomodelling in international environments.
- Solid operational geology skills and experience.