This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 5800 to $ 6200 per month
New York, UNITED STATES
November 18 2017
We seek to appoint a Lending Business Analyst who will work under limited supervision, providing various project, research, analytical and reporting support for the Lending Department team. The qualified candidate will use advanced analytical methods to report both financial and non-financial data in formats for analysis by the management as well as determining best practice, evaluate business unit reporting requirements and developing recommendations.
- Partnering with Capital Stress Group, Office of CCO or Office of CIO and other business units to provide data that will meet the informational needs that which achieve business objectives.
- Assembling and manipulating a large amount of data to bring about the reporting requirements.
- Summarizing trends and findings in an appropriate manner to the audience as well as ensuring the data integrity and reconciliations to the core systems.
- Developing reports or metrics for management through Oracle Discover and Miser BI.
- Recommending process improvements to enhance the improvements of data collection and reporting as well as assisting in writing document procedures.
- Identifying opportunities for workflow improvements and risk reduction through the analysis and evaluation of departmental procedures and future needs.
- Recommending automated solutions as well as providing system support for issues and questions for all lending units.
- Developing and maintaining subject matter expertise on lending systems features and functions as well as ensuring the provision of assistance and training to Lending Department staff members.
- Being current on regulations, procedures, and practices that are pertinent to the Lending business.
- Reviewing and analyzing monthly Data Flux reports generated by the Capital Stress Group.
- Acting as a subject matter expert while providing analytical support to management.
- Liaising between the Lending Department and Loan Administration on data integrity coupled with the provision of analytical support in Miser Core System for loan data accuracy while translating data requirements to Loan Administration for system maintenance.
- Performing special projects, additional duties, and responsibilities as may be required.
- Ensuring the accountability of the employees to the maintenance of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and adherence to internal control policies and procedures by performing the responsibilities of the works.
Education and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, any related field or the equivalent combination of both training and experience in assigned business area.
- At least five years of analytical support experience.
- Experience in writing reports queries.
Knowledge and skills :
- Ability to apply fundamental business analysis concepts, procedures and practices related to lending.
- Advanced proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, PowerPoint, Project, database reporting, e-mail applications and business systems applications used in lending.
- Impeccable knowledge of banking operations with strong accounting, reconciliation, and financial analysis skills related to lending back office and customer transaction activity.
- Exceptional organizational skills coupled with the ability to pay a lot of attention to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to multitask and change priorities.
- Ability to gather, interpret and explain requirements, procedures, processes, system capabilities among others
- Ability to work independently and with others as well as maintain confidentiality.