This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 2500 to $ 3500 per month
Houston, UNITED STATES
October 10 2021
We are looking for an individual that will serve as our Logistics Specialist and will be responsible for monitoring inbound freight, Cargo Logistics, Inventory administration as well as assisting in an outbound order scheduling for all our customers. Such individual will also assist the sales Personnel in an administrative capacity as well as exercise independent judgement in resolving unusual problems. Apart from this, the job is for an individual that will receive and schedule customers cement order and shipment as well as assist in solving shipment problems for customers.
- Working with Logistics Coordinator as well as providing pieces of advice on the scheduling of drivers.
- Dispatching tankers promptly to provide customer service as well as promoting customer satisfaction.
- Taking customer orders on an occasional basis as well as assisting in resolving customer and carrier concerns over shipments, billing and invoices.
- Working up split orders as may be needed by the company.
- Creating and maintaining an environment where the customer and carrier will feel comfortable and look forward to communicating with the Dispatch department.
- Researching and approving pricing for returns, diversions, and additional freight or price derivations.
- Researching issues, incorrect information and maintaining accurate records while working inside customer billing system.
- Providing an annual schedule of cement import shipments to the manager as well as providing updates on the schedule as may be required.
- Securing the most advantageous methods for inter-divisional and inter-terminal transfer of products.
- Assisting Logistic Manager & Operations Manager in all cement import matters which may include special projects, cost analysis, operational issues and research into quality.
- Maintaining adequate computer hardware & software systems to properly plan, organise and account for all cement import and inventory activities.
- Activities include service tag registration, virus scans, software updates and phone system updates.
- Preparing reports, freight claims, ship freight rate maintenance and other special projects.
- Generating month end reporting for Regional Managers and Executives as well as working with Logistics Manager for the purpose of building Sales Budgets and financial budgets for Regional Sales Manager.
- Providing back up support to other administrative personnel when needed during absences.
- Working independently on routine duties with standard procedures and policies.
- Referring to manager when there is a need for clarification or interpretation.
Knowledge and Skills:
- An in-depth knowledge of office software applications and good communication and customer service skills.
- Communication, coordination, organisation and decision making skills are highly required.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement as well as react resourcefully under varying conditions.
- Excellent mathematics skills with some exposure to financial reporting.
- Ability to work nights and evenings are highly required.
- Four-year college degree is highly required.
- Five years progressive experience in an office environment.
- At least two years of customer service or inside sales experience is preferred.