This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 3000 to $ 4500 per month
December 18 2018
The Market Leader role focuses on the complete market leadership of the Australia Meetings & Events services. Accountable for financial performance in Australia, the Market Leader ensures revenue and expense targets are achieved, and exceeded where practicable, through management of both sales and operational teams. The Market Leader focuses on ensuring these goals are met through the provision of compliant and high quality meeting and group air services delivered to both EBE and SMM clients in the market.
• As the senior leader for M&E, the Australia Market Leader is responsible for representing M&E on the Market Leadership team and aligning strategic initiatives across the business.
• The Market Leader will work in conjunction with other area’s of the Australian business and managed the internal stakeholder and engagement for Meetings & Events
• Conduct leadership updates to Market VP and General Manager on a regular basis to report on key financials, risks and opportunities and initiatives to drive optimization.
• Responsible for the teams’ operations delivery and ensuring all SOP’s, SLA and KPI’s are documented, updated and met at all times.
• Reporting to senior leadership on successes and challenges and escalating opportunities and risks in a proactive and strategic manner
• Manage a team of meeting professionals in multiple locations to ensure the effective, efficient, compliant and quality delivery of meeting operations.
• Coach and develop staff in multiple locations, providing frequent feedback and direction, ensuring they are meeting the expectations of their roles
• Analyze performance against the required standards and develop practical action plans to address underperformance and service issues.
• Responsible for proactive and efficient workforce management to ensure high service standards are maintained at effective cost margins.
• Act as a conduit for communication, ensuring that direct reports are well informed about issues affecting them and their customers.
• Responsible for developing and delivering strategies to grow revenue and decrease expense where practicable
• Responsible for ensuring market achieves annual operating plan financials
• Responsible for owning monthly financials related to accounts receivable and open payables as well as responsible for the team’s revenue growth goals, P&L analysis, managing expenses and research/resolution of any discrepancies.
• Ensure 100% accurate and timely data capture through meeting technology tool, financial systems and other Amex systems.
• Drive adherence to all American Express and client policies including compliance requirements and ensuring market operations are audit ready at all times
• Additional projects and requirements may need to undertaken at the request of leadership.
Efficient, Effective and Strategic Delivery
• Proactively manage process to identify opportunities to enhance productivity or service excellence, whilst maintaining standards
• Drive continuous improvement of the operation and manage change effectively to motivate and retain employees.
• Take on key projects for the market and/or region to ensure best in class operations and performance
• Proactively manage business levels and ensure prevention of negative situations
• Develop and maintain up to date documents outlining Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and ensures any adjustments are clearly documented and communicated appropriately.
The ideal candidate thrives on creating unique solutions and diving results in a complex corporate environment. As an expert in stakeholder management, this candidate naturally engages at a senior level to gain understanding and sponsorship for initiatives both internally and externally.
This candidate can navigate a P+L like the back of his/her hand and effortlessly prepares analysis and commentary in a professional and influential manner. They are highly commercially focused with the ability to develop revenue generation and cost savings initiative that drive results.
This candidate enjoys utilizing their lateral thinking skills to solve business and operational challenges and they thrive in a ever evolving and changing environment.
Requirements - Mandatory:
• Minimum of 10 years proven corporate work experience
• Minimum 5 years proven people leadership in the sales/operations space
• Must be proficient in Microsoft software including word, excel and powerpoint applications
• Ability to work within budgetary parameters, meeting critical deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously and proactively
• Excellent communication skills, written, oral and interpersonal are essential with ability and present and engage at a senior stakeholder level
• Ability to work with the corporate clients to develop programs, both strategic and individual
• Candidate should be flexible, detail oriented and able to work under pressure.
• Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team, attending both global, regional and local meetings at calls