This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
5000 to 6000 per month
October 8 2021
Maersk Line seeks a network engineer for its new IT platform for its vessels. The network engineer will be responsible for the creation of solutions as well as act as a subject matter expert on network and security. Providing expertise for the operation and new development inside the project.
- Being responsible for creating, designing and developing network solutions
- Participating in the definition, configuration and implementation of solutions for Maersk Line.
- Defining operating procedures within areas as well as serving as a source of knowledge, technique or expertise for the network.
- Discussing solutions with vendors, challenging vendors as well as communicating outcomes in a more general language.
- Participating in the resolution of high-impact incidents.
- Creating and reviewing technical documents like user guides, training manuals and system specifications.
- Participating in change preparations and overseeing the implementation of high impact and high-risk changes.
- At least three years’ experience in designing or developing network solutions.
- Proficiency in the creation and production of networking strategies within a project management set up.
- Good knowledge on Cisco ASA, Cisco automation and management tools (Prime & CSM), Cisco Wireless and WAN optimisation.
- Good knowledge on AA, Cisco ISE, PKI, and certificate-based authentication.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to build good working relationships both internally and externally.
- Flexibility and capacity to handle changes.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with a strong self-initiative.
- Persistence and consistency towards the solution of challenges.
- Strong customer service focus as well as expert knowledge of switching and routeing.
- Basic knowledge of ITIL processes as well as Excel and Word.
- Strong skills with Visio as well as ability to create and maintain quality documentation.
- Good knowledge of network monitoring tools which include Netflow.
- Background from enterprise or a service provider acting at second or third level.
- Experience with outsourced vendor management as well as readily taking ownership of problems by driving multiple vendors towards a resolution.
- Having a keen focus on the maintenance of availability and evaluation of the end-to-end impact of major changes.
What you tend to gain?
- Opportunity for an energetic individual to join the Connected Vessel Programme where we work to deliver state of the art IoT solutions with the purpose of digitalising the operation of the Maersk Line vessels.
- Working on projects relating to IT systems and networks on board vessels in the Maersk fleet.
- Experience in ensuring the system support of present and future application development projects.