This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
£ 5200 to £ 5500 per month
Cambridge, UNITED KINGDOM
December 19 2018
The Brattle Group seek a Payroll Specialist who can work in our Boston, MA office which is currently located in Harvard Square and which will be moving to downtown Boston in June 2017. The qualified candidate will be responsible for reporting to the Payroll Manager, and the position will have the overall responsibility for preparing and processing payroll, accounts payable, and employee reimbursements. Apart from this, the position is also responsible for supporting the Accounting team in projects as assigned including reporting, analysis, reconciliation, compliance, and forecasting.
The position is for a proactive and collaborative individual that will thrive better in a fast-paced professional environment. The candidate needs to be detail oriented, time conscious, flexible with the ability to solve complex problems. Apart from this, experience with payroll and exposure to general accounting over the course of the candidate’s career is required.
- Reviewing and processing payroll change information from HR Data and other sources on the resolution of any related issues.
- Preparing and transmitting payroll through ADP or similar payroll service provider for variety of payroll cycles/categories
- Reconciling or auditing employee records to ensure the accuracy of payroll and benefits rates and deduction.
- Maintaining payroll files in an organized and confidential manner as well sa participating in payroll year-end process.
- Reviewing, coding and processing Vendors invoices as well as reviewing and reconciling corporate credit cards.
- Reviewing, reconciling and posting employee expense reports adhering to Company policy
- Processing check, EFT, and wire payments to vendors and employees and resolving any issues as they arise
- A bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field coupled with proficiency in MS Excel.
- One to three years of experience focusing on the payroll.
- Experience with ADP or similar payroll system is highly desirable coupled with exposure to general accounting software
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and demands simultaneously in a highly fast paced professional environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills coupled with the ability to relate and interact with clients, team members, and third-party service providers.
- Excellent time management skills coupled with a keen attention to detail and the ability to do overtime when required.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of his/her work coupled with the ability to work on a team and contribute to that team
- Maintenance of confidentiality and professional maturity while exercising appropriate judgment