This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 5500 to $ 7500 per month
Los Angeles, UNITED STATES
November 23 2018
We seek an individual that will serve as the Preconstruction Manager of our company with the aim of managing the process and resources to ensure the provision of pre-construction services to both internal and external clients as well as reviewing the progress of existing projects to ensure their completion within the parameters of the established project budget. The position will report to and receive direction directly from the VP of Preconstruction.
- Ensuring the overall responsibility for the accuracy and the completeness of Total Project Estimate.
- Conducting initial analysis of drawings and specifications to ensure the availability of the required documentation for Project Cost Estimate.
- Attending pre-construction meetings as well as organizing kick-off meeting and providing kick-off sheet meeting minutes to estimating staff to begin the estimating process.
- Coordinating document distribution to estimating team through technical assistant staff for the purpose of ensuring the proper coordination and dissemination of information that affects the overall estimate.
- Soliciting specific project pricing from vendors or sub-contractors as well as obtaining permit quotes through the appropriate agency.
- Coordinating and participating in quantity survey and detailed pricing for all disciplines as well as coordinating resource requirements with VP Estimating.
- Developing key vendor list as directed by VP for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy of the database of the Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Developing cost format that will help in facilitating owner’s needs for information via the company’s selected software like Excel and Timberline.
- Monitoring the time and cost of estimating assignments to ensure the accuracy of the internal departmental cost.
- Coordinating administrative assistance with the filing of drawings and correspondence for each project.
- Providing detailed general condition estimates as well as operation personnel when required to support the cost estimates.
- Coordinating estimates for the cost of estimating department person hours in response to RFP’s for preconstruction service.
- Providing benchmark material for all projects as well as managing time and construction of pre-construction services based on budget quoted by VP or Operations.
- Conducting annual employee evaluation of estimating staff as requested by VP in conjunction with the guidelines as provided by Human Resources.
- Participating in Business Developments pursuits and presentations.
Skills and abilities:
- Efficiency and knowledge in the use of Computer including Microsoft Office Products.
- Thorough understanding of the industry as well as good mathematics and accounting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong management skills as well as being able to function effectively as a team.
- Ability to develop or maintain relationships with clients as well as being able to exhibit strong leadership qualities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times as well as being able to act dependably.
- Excellent time management with organizational skills with strong decision making and problem solving clients.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or its equivalent.
- Seven to ten years of industry experience.
- Life Science or Aviation experience is a plus