This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 6000 to $ 8000 per month
Ambatovy - Toamasina, MADAGASCAR
September 21 2021
Ambatovy, a Sherritt International Nickel & Cobalt Operation in Madagascar, is currently looking for an experienced and qualified individual to fill the position of a Pressure Vessels and Welding Specialist who will in turn become a key member of the team dedicated to ensuring that Ambatovy Pressure equipment and welding activities are in line with best practices as well as meeting all applicable standards, codes and regulations.
- Being aware and complying with relevant Health, Safety, Environment and Quality legal and other requirements.
- Providing analysis and plant support on pressure equipment and welding like vessels, tanks, safety valves, pipes, etc.
- Inspecting repair and alteration of the pressure equipment and welding.
- Developing inspection programs for pressure equipment as well as coordinating pressure equipment inspections with stakeholders including Operation and Maintenance managers and regulators.
- Providing expert analysis and plant support welding and piping.
- Analysing results of inspections to determine the required maintenance intervention for the prevention of equipment failure as well as for the optimisation of the overall equipment inspection programs.
- Being an active member of the Pressure Equipment Committee,
- Maintaining the hydrostatic test program for the plant equipment to ensure optimum performance.
- Monitoring changes to Mandatory Code Requirements to ensure that they are built into inspection programs for pressure equipment.
- Being in charge of the pressure equipment and welding Quality Control.
- Ensuring the development and implementation of pressure equipment and welding quality control programs.
- Overseeing both Pressure equipment and welding programs as well as ensuring the proper training of related personnel for them to be qualified accordingly.
- Developing technical specifications for major repairs and significant modifications when required
- Developing reviews or approving the Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS) developed by the Maintenance Welding Specialist.
- Conducting a documented review of these programs periodically to ensure continued suitability and effectiveness.
- Reviewing and approving technical reports provided by inspection staff and engineering support group.
- Selecting randomly and reviewing pressure equipment files to ensure inspection reports, examination reports, repair or alteration reports and pressure relief valves servicing records.
- Ensuring the presence of accurate failure reports for it to be retrievable.
- Reviewing schedules to ensure inspection and servicing intervals have not been exceeded.
- Participating in defining, implementing and supporting maintenance & reliability processes, standards and templates.
- Assisting in the development and monitoring of department’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Participating in Reliability Centred Maintenance assessments.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 10 years’ overall experience in repair, alteration, construction and maintenance of pressure equipment and welding related activities.
- At least seven years’ experience in pressure equipment and welding in chemical, metallurgical or petrochemical industries.
- Experience in Quality Control Program for Welding activities and pressure equipment.
- Knowledge on referencing construction code or ASME Section IX standards is an asset.
- Metallurgical, Welding Engineering or its equivalent e.g. a Technical degree completed by extended specific work experience is required.
Education and Certification:
- Certification of National Board Inspection, API 510 and 570, qualification requirement of “Owners Inspector” as defined in ASME B31 piping codes, or equivalent certifications by other international bodies is an asset
- Full knowledge of the International Standards for Pressure equipment which include but not limited to ASME, API, National Board, EN related codes is required.
- An International Certification in welding such as IWE (International Welding Engineer) or equivalent such as a Welding Technologist Certificate is required.