This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 5500 to $ 5600 per month
Texas, UNITED STATES
November 18 2017
We seek a Program Manager who will work with BlackBerry and may work with various external organizations to support the potential 3rd party, open source, and other software related product security investigations from identification of potential issues to analysis, mitigation, and related communications. The role is the key stakeholder in ensuring vulnerabilities which are remediated across BlackBerry’s Vast product portfolio and those of our consulting partners from identification to customer solution. Apart from that, the Program Managers in the organization may assist other companies to understand their risk landscape, remediation and mitigation tactics as well as delivering vulnerability investigation support.
- Acting as an organizational focal point for product security response efforts for the assigned program ownership both within BlackBerry and while consulting on behalf of BlackBerry.
- Creating an integrated project schedule to coordinate response activities, driving timely and appropriate resolution of complex security concerns.
- Issuing triage, quantitative evaluating and contextualizing risk as well as assessing and prioritizing response efforts.
- Tracking and reporting on activities and status to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Extracting or extrapolating emergent threats from the Internet and private sources as well as mapping them onto a technical footprint.
- Cultivating strong working relationships across the organization and industry to ensure effective collaboration on resolving complex, time critical and customer impacting security defects in a proactive manner.
- Working in a consulting capacity for BlackBerry as well as building effective and supporting a meaningful security response programs to client satisfaction.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A good understanding of common classes of security vulnerabilities as well as manifesting in code and attack/defense methodologies.
- A Bachelor’s degree and six years of relevant experience in a computer science/engineering or security related field or 4+ years of relevant experience with a Master’s degree.
- At least four years of experience specifically in technical project management with the responsibility to manage software projects through the full lifecycle or hardware engineering projects for consumer electronics through the full lifecycle.
- General working knowledge of technical specifications and requirements of the software release or hardware component/features.
- An experience in driving the resolution of product security vulnerabilities, in conjunction with a variety of stakeholders under compressed timelines.
- Effective management of process and delivery across an organization in a rapidly evolving and high-pressure situations.
- Ability to cultivate productive relationships with external security researchers as well as public and private response communities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work in a consulting capacity with customers and executives while being cool under pressure, objective and diplomatic.
- Exceptional organizational and reporting skills.