This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
5500 to 6000 per month
November 18 2017
The Project Commercial Manager (Portfolio) will be responsible for leading the Project Core Team in the management of the commercial, contractual and claim aspects of Customer, Consortium/JV partner and supplier Contract(s).
- Providing the knowledge and tools to ensure the follow-up of the contractual obligations as well as monitoring their applications in the Project Core Team.
- Ensuring that Bombardier Transportation’s rights resulting from contractual changes are properly captured and exercised.
- Supporting and guiding Procurement concerning contractual issues involving Purchase Contracts including the placement of major Purchase Contracts, Supplier non-conformity, and variation order requests.
- Leading the preparation of major claims involving suppliers.
- Being proactive in the identification of opportunities for both BT and the customer to improve the project’s scope, delivery schedule, revenues and margin through effective management of the contract and the implementation of a variation order and change management processes.
- Preparing the strategy which will be effective for variation orders and claims as well as co-leading negotiations.
- Establishing and managing throughout the project lifecycle and obligation management matrix containing all contractual obligations towards and from the customer.
- Making sure that obligations owners are assigned in the Project Core Team and that the Project Core Team is constantly aware of the obligations’ due dates.
- Developing commercial KPI’s to monitor as well as visualizing the overall commercial performance of the project.
- Participating in all Project Core Team, risk and opportunity, change control board and variation order meetings to ensure early identification of commercial risks and opportunities.
- Developing mitigation actions which will help in the management of commercial risk as well as the development of enhancement actions to deliver opportunities.
- Ensuring alongside with the Project Change Manager the proper notification of contractual changes which involve the customer and supplier by the contract and the BT Change Management process (e.g. issuance of notification/ variation order).
- Leading the management of claims by the Claim Management process by devising effective claim preparation and negotiation strategies.
- Guiding procurement concerning the placement of all major Purchase Contracts to ensure the achievement of back-to-back coverage with customer contract or the putting place of proper mitigation actions for any remaining gaps.
- Defining and implementing jointly with the Project Director, the external communication management for the project to ensure the sending of communication to and from the customer by the requirements of the contract(s) and BT’s guidelines and directives.
- A university degree in Engineering, Law or Business or a combination of these while post graduate commercial qualifications are well regarded.
- A minimum of three years experience in the relevant role and the ability to demonstrate the achieved results in the role.
- Working experience either in Contracts & Legal, Engineering, Project Management, Procurement, Bids or Sales
- Proven record in commercial management in an ideally similar business area but in a complex business environment.
- Strong commercial background making him or her an experienced negotiator capable of developing a strong commercial strategy
- Ability to present commercial or contractual issues in an understandable format using basic tools like PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Interest in technical subjects as well as the ability to develop an understanding of technical issues and to translate them into simple words
- Business fluency in English or German is mandatory for the role while French is a plus.
- Willingness to travel per year in Germany and Europe up to twenty-five percent.