This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 3500 to $ 5500 per month
Augusta, UNITED STATES
October 3 2021
We seek a Project Engineer that will help in providing Engineering support to Augusta Plant among others in the interest of the Company’s interest.
- Providing Engineering Support to Augusta Plant by implementing capital projects from design to completion which the aim of improving, modifying or replacing equipment and facilities.
- Involving in the management of outside engineering firms, contractors among others as well as engaging in project activities as the case may be.
- Determining technical adequacy of project design, controlling cost and schedules among others.
- Promoting and participating actively in “ADAPT” Behavioral safety process and Environmental Stewardship activities.
- Supporting Area Teams and ODR processes actively as the case may be.
- Supporting Area team members and the Area Operations Manager to accomplish plant objectives in the priority areas of Safety, Environmental, Quality, Reliability, Production, Efficiency, Cost Reduction and Innovation, as the case may be.
- Performing and initiating efficient and timely engineering and technical studies with the aim of troubleshooting known plant problems as well as predicting impending problems and optimizing operations in the above priority areas.
- Performing and contributing as the case may be, to thoroughly process reviews, Hazard and Operability Studies (Hazops) and ""What If analyses on current operations.
- Proposing changes to plant equipment, processes and systems via the plant Process Safety Management of Change (MOC) process.
- Interacting routinely with and shift supervisors to learn and share knowledge of the plant operations as well as melding ""reality"" with ""theoretical.""
- Performing and contributing to Root Cause Failure Analyses (RCFA's) and incident investigations as well as completing assigned items on the schedule.
- Identifying and facilitating implementation of production, reliability, efficiency and cost improvement opportunities.
- Conducting researches and evaluating industry technology advancements, other plant experiences, and innovative ideas.
- Developing and maintaining networks with other PCS and nitrogen industry plants.
- Performing special studies or projects as may be directed by the Project Engineering Superintendent.
- Attending at least one area team meeting per week to maintain thorough communications concerning project issues, status, and schedules.
- Participating in joint plant, equipment or safety walkthroughs with operations and maintenance team.
- Participating in the PCS ""Manufacturing Excellence"" process as well as ensuring that projects are successfully integrated into the execution and planning of planned outages and turnarounds.
- Ensuring the successful integration into the planning and execution of planned outages and turnarounds.
- Executing projects via a project team which includes operations or maintenance personel, maintainance engineer, productions engineer, and equipment sepcialists.
- Coordinating schedules of all in-house and outside contractors construction work with Area Production Specialists, Maintenance Manager, Area Managers, Maintenance Supervisor, and E&I Supervisor.
- Performing, as required, sufficient up-front engineering to define project scope, and technical risks adequately as well as estimating and scheduling before AFE preparation.
- Executing projects in a manner that will enhance SHE, quality, reliability and efficiency performance of the site in full concert with a buy-in of the area teams and support groups.
- Executing capital projects in line with the site, SHE, security, and quality policies and procedures.
- Ensuring the compliance of the federal, state and local regulations, industry codes and standards, professional engineering practices and the site Engineering Procedure Manual which include and not limited to Authorization for Expenditure Procedures, Procedure for AFE Required Documentation, Document Control General Specifications and Piping Specification, Document Control Plant P&ID's, Document Control Drawing Revisions, Purchasing, Project Tracking and Cost Control, and Procedure for Project Change Authorization while executing capital projects.
- Mechanical, controls or Engineering related discipline.
Skills and qualifications:
- A minimum of 5-7 years engineering experience in the chemical process or related industry experience.
- Ability to ensure safety commitment.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Result orientation and Resource Management.