This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
5500 to 6500 per month
December 13 2017
We currently seek a Project Manager (m/f) in Mannheim, Germany who will be responsible for the management of TRAXX MS/DC Projects. The right person will lead the Project core team, incl. Representatives of internal partners and ensure the delivery of the locomotives to our customers. Apart from this, the right person will take care of assigned tasks within the schedule, allocated budget and scope to the required quality while focusing on a proactive management of risks with business acumen on the opportunities. The Project Manager will be responsible for the application of the key Project Management Processes and the applicable tools for the implementation while being accountable for the strict and efficient application thereof.
The responsibilities of the Project Manager is divided into different categories which are as follows:
- Leadership duties within the Project Core Team:
• Having the authority and the obligation to review the effort of the Project Core Team members and giving directives related to project execution like being involved in the PMP objective setting process for all Project Core Team members
• Mandating the Project Manager to manage the interface to internal partners within an extended project team.
• Being responsible for the management of all communication with the Customer as well as leading the Project Core Team effort to meet periodic financial targets.
• Being responsible for the adaptation of leadership and motivational skills to the project, the team or individual’s capabilities as well as ensuring the application of knowledge, the time and available tools and the result desired.
• Developing “must do” strategies to increase team effectiveness and the belief that ""none of us is as good as all of us."" to help the team go through the distinct stages of ‘forming, storming, norming and performing’.
• Leading the execution of the TRAXX MS/DC Project.
- Functional Duties To the Project Core Team:
• Being responsible for the WBS, Detailed Project Schedule, JDDP, Customer Interface, Project Risk, Opportunity and Improvement Management, Project Launch (including the Orange Book), Change Management and Contractual Obligation Management, Budget allocation and monitoring, Project Reporting both status and financial performance internally
- Specific responsibilities to other functions:
• Adapting the allocation of work packages between the roles and the day-to-day delegation of special tasks to the Project Core Team members to optimise the total project
• Being responsible for the specific management and interface to internal project partners.
• Aligning the execution tactics for his work with the other Project Managers in the same product platform to assure maximum synergy and minimum disruption.
• Aligning the Bid activities with Sales and Product & Platform Management actively.
- A University Degree in Engineering with proven leadership performance (PMP or Assessment by independent psychologist) and seniority
- At least five years in Project Execution either in Function ENG or PM as well as Cross-functional experience.
- Running several projects on level A/B including international business partners
- Having German as mother tongue with Business fluency in English and business fluency of preferred English or Italian Language.