This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 4500 to $ 8000 per month
October 10 2021
About the company:
The company is an offshore gas development located in Algeria carrying out a project operated by an Orange Conjoint on behalf of its partners in development drilling and the construction of all associated surface production and gas treatment facilities including permanent offices and accommodation.
About the job:
We seek an experienced and motivated purchasing manager, under the authority of project director and guidelines of the services manager, to lead the management in purchasing materials and services for the project and ensuring that all project purchases are carried out by the project rules guidelines and procedures with the best work practices. Also to act as the Contracts Engineer for packages without a dedicated Contract Engineer
- Using the Project Rules, Guidelines, Procedures and best work practices establish a set of Project specific procedures to cover purchasing activities;
- Leading the team of project Contract Engineers which are assigned within the packages and ensuring adequate resources and competence including recruitment and training for all project purchasing
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance of project contract activities:
• tendering evaluation and awards
• monitoring the contractual relationships with the Suppliers and Contractors, _ ;
As a Contracts Engineer:
- Participating in the preparation of the contractual strategy
- Preparing and updating the Project general terms and conditions in coordination with the legal advisor when necessary
- Preparing any Contract necessary
- Organizing and managing pre-qualification and CFT (call for Tender) stages for all commitments in line with the project procedures
- Participating in the evaluation of bids
- Supervising claims and change orders negotiations
- Ensuring smooth contract administration
- Preparing activity reports and relevant statistics for the Services Manager.
- Coordinating the planning, scheduling, and progress of the purchasing activity according to the project schedule
- Short Term: Europe, Paris-Based (years 1 - 2)
- Long Term: Europe, Paris-Based (years 3 - 4) and Algeria (Site Construction & Start-Up, on rotation)
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- A University degree is required.
- Ten years of experience of contract and purchasing administration