This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
5400 to 6800 per month
September 19 2021
We seek an individual who is based in Barcelona that will serve as the Regional IT Account Manager for Europe.
- Engaging terminals in the respective region to establish effective IT strategy for the terminal by the standards set forth through Global IT, in an effective manner.
- Concentrating on budgeting, standards, scheduling and collaboration at the terminal.
- Being responsible for working with IT Management to define the five-year IT plan for each terminal.
- Ensuring that the Global IT strategy supports the business strategy for the entities in the Terminals and Inland Services.
- Communicating any concerns to the appropriate party within Global IT when the needs arise.
- Supporting the definition of business requirements for IT requests as well as assisting with the creation of appropriate and standard documentation required for demand management.
- Promoting the standardization within the business entities as well as ensuring the promotion of global solutions at the local level.
- Making sure that a business case supports all the business initiatives at hand.
- Working with Global IT with the aim of helping in the management of demand and supply of pipeline and balance resources when needed.
- Being responsible for working with the terminals to bring about the compliance with APMM and COMMIT standards.
- Ensuring input from Global IT roadmap as well as steering committee member of IT projects for the entities in the assigned region.
- Liaising with other IT Regional Managers for the purpose of ensuring open communication and collaboration as well as sharing best practices and providing coverage support during absences.
- Ensuring the provision of updates to the general IT community about terminal-specific projects.
- Supporting the needs for Inland Services within the region as well as identifying all the required training in the various application at the local or international level.
- Identifying the key resources in the region that could become candidates for new roles in the IT organization
- Participating in face to face meetings with the terminal management and IT staff when required.
Who we are looking for:
- Seven years Marine terminal IT experience.
- A strong understanding of terminal operations of the maritime transportation industry on a global basis.
- Excellent project management skills
- The ability to work in a multi-national IT Organization.