This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 4300 to $ 5200 per month
December 2 2018
We seek an experienced and qualified individual that will maintain and extend the management of quality standards which are set by the Revenue Manager in the Reservations Department as well as managing room selling to obtain revenue goals with the reservation team.
- Taking reservations as well as operating systems by company standards.
- Ensuring the knowledge of the hotel activities and operational requirements by conducting shift briefings.
- Ensuring the successful laying out of the commercial strategy in terms the available space like rooms, banquet, restaurants and spa.
- Controlling daily reservations and rates in the system as well as taking care of deposits and payments of all booking types.
- Following up the situation of agency allotments including the number of remaining rooms.
- Controlling corporate bookings with payment detail as required.
- Finding out the reasons for No Show as well as following the general procedures.
- Promoting the hotel’s products and services as well as maintaining a high level of product and service knowledge.
- Controlling and studying daily forecast with eh revenue Manager this might include taking cognisance of other available risk periods.
- Providing the expected reports to the Revenue Manger as well as keeping deadlines, accuracy and the requirement of the person needing the report
- Following up the report of the net income rates performed to agencies i.e. the net rate without the reductions, early bookings, child reduction and catalog contribution.
- Following up agency forecasts as well as reporting it to the Revenue Manager as regards to the increase and decrease of the allotment.
- Examining the low occupied periods as well as looking for a strategy to increase the occupancy.
- Double checking the receipt of online booking and assuring their accurate entrance in PMS.
- Staying well informed on competitor activities and industry trends as well as conducting reservation checks.
- Making sure that all activities and traces are followed up promptly to ensure the record of results.
- Managing group blocks to ensure the accuracy of business on books as well as the increase of performance and team’s productivity.
- Providing necessary training and education as well as controlling the employees at work to remove their weaknesses and deficiencies
- Ensuring that all special offers are in place including property as well as informing the team about the meeting results and latest news.
- Checking job task list agents on a daily basis as well as ensuring the operation of the department with sales attitude.
- Ensuring the maximization of revenue by increasing the awareness of all personnel to sales opportunities within the hotel.
- Training reservations agents in all aspect of reservations operations to ensure a high degree of accuracy in guest reservations, satisfaction ratings for guests and revenue opportunities maximization.
- Maintaining effective office administrative procedures within the Department by Company standards.
- Monitoring reservation levels as well as informing managers of current and future occupancy rates.
- Hotel experience in reservation, Sales or Front Office Department.
- At least two to three years’ experience working as a supervisor.
- Working experience in the five-star environment is an advantage.
- International hotel exposure is required.
Skills and competencies:
- Strong technical skills, as well as decent typing skills, are required.
- Excellent command of both oral and written English is required while knowledge of Arabic is a plus.
- Ability to focus on outstanding communication skills.
- Perfect telephone communication skills.
- The extraordinary team is working attitude with PMS system knowledge of Opera.
- Ability to handle discussions and solve problems.
- Leadership skills as well as the ability to use initiatives.
- Ability to plan, organize and use system approach in getting things done.
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively as well as maintain composure under pressure.
- Seeking opportunities actively for the purpose of developing and learning from experience.