This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 5500 to $ 6500 per month
Littleton, UNITED STATES
November 19 2017
We seek an intelligent and experienced Senior Accountant who will participate as an integral part of the accounting team during the month end close process, as well as contributing to financial reporting, and year-end audit preparation. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the evaluation of complex transactions and records to the general ledger as necessary to ensure the financials are accurate and complete. Apart from that, the qualified candidate will support internal customers, develops relationships with various client groups and maintains/updates current financial information.
- Executing monthly close accounting for several general ledger functions as well as calculating and recording entries for prepaid, fixed assets, payroll, accruals, and intercompany transactions
- Reconciling and rolling forward balance sheet accounts for multiple entries as well as completing complex balance sheet reconciliations and income statement analysis
- Serving as the business unit subject matter expert for general accounting processes, complex accounting issues and provide training and guidance to junior staff where needed
- Contributing to efforts to develop and implement policies and procedures that streamline accounting processes
- Collaborating with management, department personnel, cross-functional teams and sister companies on general ledger accounting issues
- Providing outstanding customer service to internal and external customers as well as contributing to audit preparation by providing requested documentation and analysis.
- Managing special projects or providing ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA a plus
- At least three years of relevant accounting work experience required
- Excellent foundation in general accounting, monthly close, financial reporting and GAAP concepts
- A good experience in the preparation of payroll entries, accruals, intercompany transactions, fixed assets and performing variance analyses and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook, and advanced Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.) to manage large volumes of data
- Excellent understanding of foreign currency accounting as well as the desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Experience working within a general ledger system; Microsoft SL or NetSuite experience a plus
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills coupled with an ability to pay strict attention to details with a commitment to the delivery of quality and accurate work products.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines