This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 35000 to $ 55000 per annum
Ho Chi Minh City, VIETNAM
November 28 2018
• Responsible for the overall management of the architectural design team, including the recruitment and development of architecture team members, project allocation, ensuring proper staffing levels, performance management and training.
• Ensuring the administration of architectural projects is well managed, including use of proper methods, tools and systems to ensure appropriate design coding, storage and retrieval of documentation.
• Operational control of architectural projects to ensure that there are appropriate resources allocated for each project, that each is scheduled appropriately and targets are met within expected time frames.
• Participate in meetings as part of the design coordination, resourcing and to ensure deadlines and targets are on schedule.
• Assist the Business Development Department by providing advice regarding design resources, man hours and scheduling for proposals.
• Check thoroughly the design work undertaken by architectural team members to ensure a high quality output reflective of the standards expected by the Archetype Group, including minimization of design mistakes.
• Liaise with other technical departmental Directors and Managers regarding the design on projects including structural and other engineering matters, cost management and quantity surveying.
• Bachelor degree in Architecture or related field: minimum 3 years of study.
• Major: Architecture, Urban Planning or related field.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 12 years working in an architectural design role.
• Management level: Minimum of 6 years of experience managing design teams.
YEAR OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Previous experience working on projects in Asia, and managing multicultural design teams.
• Strong design aesthetic and the ability to produce high quality design.
• Detail oriented, and the ability to anticipate and prevent, or address creatively design mistakes for the benefit of the client and the company.
• Advanced leadership skills, with the ability to motivate teams, organize and manage the time of others in a highly efficient manner.
• Advanced skills in the use of design software such as AutoCad and Revit, and in the use of office software such as Word, Excel and Open Office.
• Advanced communication skills including the ability to make project presentations, manage difficult clients, coordination of design teams.
• Advanced leadership skills, with the ability to lead by example, provide clear direction, gain the respect of team members and clients.
• Fluency in English is a pre-requisite.