This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 5800 to $ 6000 per month
California, UNITED STATES
January 19 2018
BlackBerry currently seeks an experienced technologist with excellent mathematical or engineering background with extensive but excellent experience of video algorithm development, and data processing. The candidate should be highly credible when presenting their work to peers in the industry and possess excellent communication skills. We seek the qualified applicants in this area to complement our existing expertise as well as offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence. The successful candidate will refine and create new technologies to be used across BlackBerry’s product and services offerings.
- Providing technical consultancy to product groups as well as contributing directly to product development and supporting the creation of longer term technology roadmaps.
- Initiating and partnering with other subject matter experts to develop groundbreaking Intellectual Property.
- Representing BlackBerry on the technical committees of Standards Development Organizations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Science or other relevant fields
- Multimedia data compression algorithm design and development skills.
- A minimum of five years experience with C+ and C programming with experience on multiple projects.
- Expert-level knowledge of video standards and experience with H.264 AVC, H.265 HEVC video compression standards, as well as with the related reference software
- Knowledge of point cloud data systems and knowledge of data analysis and processing (such as skills in R, Scala; experience in Probabilistic Graphical Models, Predictive Modelling, Pattern Recognition)
- Knowledgeof computer vision, image and video coding standards (JPEG, MPEG series, H.26x series, VP8, VP9)
- Knowledge of multimedia applications (i.e. broadcast, video streaming, in-car communication, mobile video, video conferencing) as well as strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Statistical data processing coupled with knowledge of lossy data compression (scalar and vector quantization, TCQ)
- A good experience in representing companies on technical committees of Standards Development Organizations
- Excellent experience in the development of technology or products for the automotive industry
- Experience in Intellectual Property development including preparing claims charts and supporting Patent Prosecution and Licensing functions.