This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
£ 8200 to £ 8500 per month
Southampton, UNITED KINGDOM
January 20 2018
Costain aims at improving the lives of the people by bringing about high-tech solutions that would solve the critical needs of the UK’s water, energy and transportation infrastructure.
Costain collaborates with MWHT to form CMDP with a 50-50 agreement to deliver a five-year plan in the South-Eastern part of England. The contract worth £200 million, and it is for five years with an option to increase the number of years. The work of CMDP is to improve the Southern Water for the supply of pure water to the South-Eastern part of the country.
- Execute the project without giving any room to defect or construction issue.
- Make sure that the works are done with regards to the people living in the vicinity and the general public.
- Serve as a mentor to the team working on the site as well as manage all the activities on the site.
- Engage only qualified individuals on the site.
- Make sure that all the methods and tools used on the locationare cost effective.
- Prepare, review and update as may be required the best scheme for the project.
- Asses the risk connected to the project and ensures that it is well documented.
- Provide the necessary tools and briefings required to get the project started.
- Ensure the fitness of all the equipment on the site while you also ensure that an only qualified personnel operates them.
- Record all the payment made as well as the measurement for auditing as may be required.
- Be on the lookout for any opportunity or problem that can rear its head in the course of the project.
- Tender the “as constructed” records of the scheme to the CDMC upon its completion.
- Take all the necessary steps to mitigate and manage risks.
- A degree or certification to prove your qualification as a site manager or civil engineer.
- Ability to manage a construction that will conform to the already laid down safety, health and environmental standards (a certification to that effect may be required).
- Valid and clean driving license.
- Sound knowledge of First Aid.
- A sound understanding of the principles that guide the construction work
- CSCS certification as a site manager.
- Willing to travel.
- You can either be a Chartered or Incorporated Site Manager.
Work permit visa, accommodation sponsored