This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 5200 to $ 6500 per month
November 21 2017
We seek an ideal candidate who will serve as the Software Engineer for the European Train Control Systems which is primarily for the Automatic Train Protection Control Unit (ATPCU). The Onboard SW is expected to fulfill a very high Reliability, Availability, Maintainability & Safety (RAM) requirements for automatic train operation and protection.
ATPCU is the heart of ETCS onboard equipment which is deployed in the train for the purpose of ensuring the safe operation of the train by monitoring the speed and target points of the train based on the information received from the train and trackside systems over GSM-R. ATPCU has the highest safety standards specified for ERTMS and ETCS systems by the norm EN50128 safety integrity Level 4 Software Development Process.
Development Center Delhi is one of the RCS’s Onboard competence center which complements Stockholm and Mannheim where teams of Software Engineers, Vehicle Engineers, Testers and Project Management Professionals strive towards the delivery of world class solutions to mainline projects and high-speed trains all over the world.
The right candidate will work in a matrix organization which is driven by Project, and Engineering and Product development. The department will be responsible for the developing of Generic Products and Applications which are configuredto the individual customer needs. Productsare usually developed in iterations of Requirement Engineering, Implementation, Test, Verification and Validation among others. The Entry and exit checkpoint of every phase must possess the highest quality. Apart from this, the execution phase and the project scope are divided into increments called Work packages that can be developed in parallel but integrated sequentially. The right candidate must have the frozen requirements which are assigned to WP’s for implementation as well as being able to implement functionality which is tested at Module and Subsystem. You might be required to participate in rigorous system test with real data from the field as well as being subjected to arigorous test in asophisticated lab environment. You will be made to learn about the onboard system with the provision of documentation of each phase for independent validators for assessment and approval of the relevant Railway Authorities. The non-conformities of the documentation will be found in each phaseanalyzed and fixed by you.
SIL4 SW development process requires the tracking of every step in the software development process, the review, verification and testing in line with the modern tools like Enterprise Architect, DOORs, CM Synergy, Change Synergy, Visual Studio and Eclipse, Integrated Development Environment, VectorCAST for Module Test and Proprietary Tools and Applications for Subsystem and system test.
- Designing software modules for all SIL4 applications
- Ensuring the implementation of all the software created for SIL4 SW application
- Creating and performing SW module test.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A university degree in Computer Science, Electronics or its other equivalent Engineering disciplines.
- A minimum of three years experience in the embedded software development for thesafety-critical application.
- Excellent knowledge of operating systems like Linux or FreeBSD.
- Proficiency with Object-Oriented Programming Language C+
- A good understanding of the packet based communication technologies and Bus systems.
- Proficiency with the use of UML tools VectorCAST, CM Synergy, and Telelogic DOORS are desired.
- Excellent communication skill sin both Written and Oral English.