This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 5000 to $ 6200 per month
Ohio, UNITED STATES
November 18 2017
We seek an IT Developer, Senior who will work closely with business analysts, and IT team members to understand complex business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality, technical solutions under minimal supervision. The role is mainly going to participate in the full systems life cycle and in the solution design which includes the recommendation of code development or reuse and buy versus build solutions. Designing, coding, testing, debugging, maintaining, modifying, and implementing complex application software which is delivered on time while responsible for the maintenance and production support of multiple applications.
- Overseeing large and complex projects which are not limited to planning, monitoring, and reviewing progress and accuracy of work and evaluating results.
- Providing production support and performance monitoring of critical production systems and external vendors to ensure the resolution of critical system production problems and implementation of software release to production.
- Making recommendations in product evaluations and buy 'versus' build recommendations.
- Being responsible for the development of application architectural design and code for new applications and enhancement to existing applications.
- Assisting in the establishment and maintenance of code standards and application development policy procedures.
- Generating complex application code that traceable to technical specifications.
- Making recommendations toward the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
- Devising sample input data for the purpose of testing accuracy the program, writing unit test scripts, debugging code using reliable test data and modifying steps and sequences when necessary.
- Obtaining end user approval to promote production as well as performing critical work of a complex technical and business nature.
- Being responsible for the provision of accurate and timely communication of the status of assignment, job responsibilities, and the resolution of problems to the appropriate parties based on the established policies and procedures.
- Creating estimates for large and complex assignments as well as ensuring the progress tracking against major milestones following software development lifecycle methodology and documentation standards.
- Ensuring the creation and maintenance of the appropriate documentation and the adherence to project management methods.
- Being current on new software releases as well as investigating emerging technologies, and advising management on strategic and tactical planning.
- Leading moderate complex project or development phase of a project as well as leading technical review meetings with IT team.
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced developers, as well as performing code reviews.
- Adhering to NYCB policies, procedures, and standards as well as performing special projects and additional duties when required.
- Ensuring the performance of the responsibility of the job due to the accountability of the employee to maintain Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and the adherence to internal control policies and procedures.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business or finance related field or equivalent relevant experience.
- At least seven years experience in system analysis, design, coding, and testing.
Skills and knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of multiple structured coding languages and distributed system development techniques.
- Strong knowledge of system development life cycle concepts, practices, and procedures with business and system workflow documentation methods.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills coupled with strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to negotiate well.
- Ability to work within a team paying a lot of attention to detail as well as being able to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work independently or with others managing multiple tasks simultaneously to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to lead system designs, development projects or problem solving efforts.
- Being able to maintain confidentiality as regards to customer information and employee records.
- Visual Studio 2010/2013, Team Foundation Server, MVC, Net Framework 4.0+.
- Ability to support Visual Basic. Knowledge of Sharepoint and Control-M is a plus.
- For Data Warehouse positions, knowledge of Informatica and Cognos are required.