This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 5500 to $ 5800 per month
Houston, UNITED STATES
October 4 2021
- Ensuring the accurate preparation and the timely file sales and use tax returns (spend approximately 50% of the time on sales and use tax.)
- Organizing and maintaining electronic files supporting and documenting all tax returns filed and payments remitted
- Assisting with the response to notices and information requests issued by various taxing authorities
- Assisting with the filing of new state registrations and licenses as well as maintain current registrations and licenses
- Reconciling sales and use tax accruals monthly as well as assisting with the sales and use tax compliance process
- Assisting with AP and AR teams to support customer and vendor inquiry related to sales and use taxes.
- Reviewing, validating and maintaining customer exemption certificates as well as researching and providing sales tax analysis for project proposals, and contracts
- Assisting with sales and use tax audits in various state and local tax jurisdictions
- Preparing annual property tax renditions and support for property locations and values.
- Coordinating with external service providers to provide annual property tax data and respond to information requests.
- Supporting the income tax compliance process and assisting with special projects.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Experience and requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Accounting and Finance is required.
- CPA license is preferred while Three (3) to five (5) years of indirect (sales and use; property; franchise, VAT) tax related experience likely attained through industry experience; some income tax compliance and provision experience are required.
- Detail orientation, high motivation, self-starting ability coupled with the ability to engage in, prioritize, multi-task and take the initiative in a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of systems aptitude and process orientation; strong computer skills essential, including extensive use of Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of and experience with ERP system.
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion including documentation as well as adapt effectively to new and changing environment
- Ability to work for a long period during critical periods such as quarter/year end reporting or special projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills within all levels of the organization including both written and oral is required
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines, and multi-task in a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment.