This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 5500 to $ 5800 per month
November 22 2017
Our company seeks a Staff Accountant who will maintain accuracy in accounting records in compliance with the US and local as at when applicable and Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Apart from this, the candidate will perform required financial controls and analysis.
- Contributing to the accuracy and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close by meeting deadlines.
- Maintaining your financial records in line with accepted global policies and procedures through the accepted accounting principles in the United States (US GAAP) and local GAAP as applicable.
- Complying with your process control narratives to meet Sarbanes-Oxley Internal Controls objectives and maintains appropriate process documentation.
- Alerting management on the discrepancies between written processes and current procedures and ensuring the update of all the written procedures.
- Providing detailed journal entries, supporting schedules to the general ledger accounts and performing accounts reconciliation.
- Making sure the compliance with all other control with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Ensuring the investigation and resolve of accounting discrepancies and irregularities as well as facilitating positive relationships with General Ledger (GL) team members, international accounting personnel, and other departments.
- Participating in cross-functional teams as needed as well as investigating root causes of fundamental issues and problems, and ensuring the recommendation of solutions.
- Identifying opportunities to streamline and improving the accounting process as well as recommending more efficient procedures.
- Maintaining and obtaining a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure as well as assisting in the maintenance of Oracle systems to manage the general ledger and sub-ledgers as requested.
- Preparing audit deliverables and inquiries as well as ensuring the meeting of statutory requirements as applicable and required.
- Ensuring the performance of work related duties as may be assigned while the minimum travel required is about 25%.
- A BS or BA degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, related field or its equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accounting experience in CRO or Pharmaceutical industry preferably.
- Certification of Public Accountant or qualified membership of a professional accountancy body equivalent is a plus.
- Excellent working experience in an internationally oriented organization coupled with a moderate knowledge in the US Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Working experience with large Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems whileOracle Financial experience is preferred.
- Ability to perform different task simultaneously as well as organizing and prioritizing those tasks to meet deadlines in a fast-paced experience.
- Interpersonal and documentation skills coupled with a team-oriented approach to problems.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively to achieve maximum performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Diplomatic skills in solving issues coupled with reliability, strong professional and work ethics.
- Ability to solve problems without much ado, research and resolve problems coupled with data analysis skills.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, Microsoft Office Suite, email, and voicemail.
- Ability to operate and act independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives.