This job was found on Expat Jobs.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 4000 to $ 7000 per month
FORT HILLS, WOOD BUFFALO, ALBERTA, Canada
July 22 2017
We seek an intelligent and experienced Supervisor, Mine Equipment Maintenance who is interested in working at one of the best-undeveloped oil sand mining assets as well as working at our Fort Hills mining project. The selected candidate will report to the manager, reliability, supply chain management and maintenance planning teams to ensure the support of the development of the Fort Hills Maintenance organization.
- Supervising a team of up to fourteen employees and contractors from different trades.
- Supporting the development of Suncor’s safety driven maintenance culture for Fort Hills
- Providing the maintenance expertise needed for the support of the development of the Fort Hills Mine maintenance programs
- Defining specific mine maintenance scopes of work, maintenance strategies as well as providing support for the development of the maintenance organization.
- Supporting the development of work practices and procedures for the for the Fort Hills mining equipment
- Providing technical feedback and complete technical bid evaluations for maintenance assets during the procurement process
- Leading the crew in the areas of productivity, safety, work standards as well as maintaining documentation of each employee that will allow the administration to evaluate compliance.
- Ensuring the availability of equipment as well as ensuring that all production requirements are met or exceeded.
- Ensuring the maintenance of all fleets in a safe, efficient and effective manner on their shift.
- Defining service strategy requirements as well as developing relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Ensuring the support of the recruitment process of the hiring of journeymen for the maintenance organization of the Fort Hills.
Experience and Education:
- A minimum of five years supervisory working experience in a heavy industrial maintenance environment while oil sands and petrochemical industry experience is highly preferred.
- A valid Alberta Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician, Welder or Electrician Certificate or an Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Certificate is required.
- Ensure the attachment of your Journeyman or Red Seal ticket for you to be considered.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) coupled with a Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience with the setting up of maintenance service packages for mining equipment.
- Excellent equipment specific knowledge with CAT 797 or Komatsu 930 haul trucks, P&H and Hitachi shovels as well as an electrical background is an asset
- A complete and up to date working knowledge of computers and computerized maintenance management systems, preferably SAP.
- A strong safety mindset with the ability to fix procedures that are not correct without trying to take or tolerate shortcuts.
- Accountability as well as a leader who expect others to be accountable too.
- The position is based in Calgary Alberta at the Suncor ENgery Center but will soon be transited to a camp-based position at the Fort Hills Site.
- The position is safety sensitive.
- The working schedule in Calgary is from Monday to Friday but will later transit when on site to a site-based-shift schedule of seven days on and seven days off.