This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 6000 to $ 7500 per month
January 18 2018
We seek a Test and Commissioning Manager who will be responsible for planning, implementing, managing and oversight all commissioning work as well as the preparation of all commissioning documentation, records, and integration testing for the Edmonton Light Rail Transit System. Upon appointment, you will be based in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Conducting and completing all tests and inspections, including all Pre-commissioning and Commissioning Work, required by this Agreement and Good Industry Practice.
- Preparing and submitting to the City and the Independent Certifier all Commissioning Certificates and copies of the applicable documentation, records, and other required reports.
- Demonstrating to the Independent Certifier, the City, and all applicable Governmental Authorities, that all applicable equipment, components, systems and sub-systems, and the fully Integrated System comply with the Project Requirements.
- Establishing a baseline for comparing performance, determining deterioration over the applicable Design Service Life and assessing the sufficiency and performance of the Overall Maintenance Strategy and each Five-Year Maintenance Plan.
- Demonstrating the readiness of the system as well as proving that it meets all the conditions precedent for, Service commencement.
- Validating the technical performance of individual equipment, components, systems, and sub-systems.
- Demonstrating the Integration of the individual equipment, components, systems and sub-systems into the System.
- Demonstrating the proper calibration, the documentation and the traceability of all commissioning test equipment to the applicable standards.
- Validating the safety and security of the Infrastructure by the Safety and Security Certification Program
- Confirming the meeting of the RAM targets set out in the RAM Sub-Plan by the system as well as demonstrating the electromagnetic compatibility of the infrastructure with its environment and achieves emission and susceptibility targets set out in the EMC Control Sub-Plan.
- Demonstrating that the Stray Current emissions from the Infrastructure are compliant with the levels set out in the Stray Current Sub-Plan.
- Demonstrating that the noise levels do not exceed the levels set out in the Noise Control Sub-Plan;
- Demonstrating that vibration levels do not exceed the levels set out in the Vibration Control Sub-Plan;
- Preparing or directing testing activities, e.g. documents, document binder, timetables, test areas, records, tools, etc.
- Conducting or leading safety, pre-work brief and post work de-brief as well as participating and supervising testing of the vehicle as well as system-wide equipment.
- Ensuring the carrying out of works by local site safety rules as well as implementing and enforcing HSE requirements on site with the support of HSE team representatives;
- Ensuring the proper credentials, training, and supervision for the intended works of the team members as well as writing fault reports when necessary.
- Reporting progress to Work Package Responsible / Project Director as well as ensuring that all testing data is adequately recorded in BT designated tool(s) (e.g.: Maximo, DOORS).
- An engineering degree with an additional registration or qualification to be registered as a professional engineer in your home jurisdiction.
- A cumulative minimum of ten years of demonstrable experience in commissioning of Light Rail Transit Systems and accepted by the City of Edmonton.
- An excellent experience in the Rail industry, proficiency in English and excellent communications skills.