This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 4000 to $ 7000 per month
November 25 2018
- Providing high-level strategic input and operational management to TFM communication programs with the aim of improving both internal and external communications as well as the interpreter and translation group.
- Developing and implementing communication strategies with the aim of improving communications with workforce and to communicate the company visions under the direction of the Site Senior Management and the Corporate office in Phoenix.
- Working in cooperation with the Social & Governmental Affair Departments in:
• Developing and implementing employee communications program and initiatives.
• Developing communications materials like brochures, newsletters, videos, and display posters as the case may be.
• Developing DRC media responses and managing media relations.
- Supervising TFM Communications Team and leading the implementation of all communications programs as required.
- Developing primary messages and communications strategies and plans in coordination with TFM Social and Government Affairs Department in relationship to communication management.
- Representing TFM at different functions including public conferences, and forums as for when appropriate.
- Identifying and facilitating communications assessment training needs and ensuring the training of TFM Communications staff.
- Budgeting and tracking TFM communications spending.
- A Bachelor’s or Master Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Business Administration, Economics or other related communications fields is required.
- Seven years of extensive and practical experience in leading communications program activities; with an emphasis on the private sector while ten years of extensive and practical experience is preferred.
- Ability to adapt to remote living conditions especially in African settings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English while fluency in Swahili is a plus.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and administration, as well as practical experience in evaluating, training and motivating employees, is needed.
- Being able to deal with stressful situations in a challenging environment with proven organisational skills is of the essence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office World, Excel, PowerPoint or any other publication software.
Conditions of the job:
- The position involves the execution of works predominantly in the rural areas of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- The candidate must be a self-starter with strong personal, organisational skills for managing activities across multiple sites and challenging circumstances.
- Position may occasionally require long hours and weekend works thus, candidates must be available for both long term, and rotational international assignments as the case may be.
- Working in mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- The employee is required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see what goes on while performing the duties of this job.
- Occasionally required to lift a moderately heavy object of up to 30 pounds during the workday.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
Having reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites, COSCO determined that many of these jobs include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employees performing them. The company thus designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who receive Safety Training;
- Positions within COSCO which are held by employees who operate equipment or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing their COSCO job duties. Their functions include the operation of motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel)
This position is based in the town of Fungurume which is approximately 180 km west of Lubumbashi. Travelling to Lubumbashi and Kinshasa for the position is needed.