This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
$ 40000 to $ 60000 per annum
September 29 2017
Reporting to the Training Coordinator-Mining Maintenance, you will be responsible for application and monitoring of training systems and processes to ensure the Maintenance team have the required technical skills and trade competencies in order to achieve optimal equipment/plant availability, reliability and productivity. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
· Monitor the training compliance in line with the requirements of platter welding and fabrication trades.
· Implementation of maintenance training program, focusing mainly on MHE components and accessories such as shovel/excavator buckets/truck, trays/chassis, ancillary machines frames/frames repair and rebuilds.
· Interpretation of engineering and technical drawings.
· Source appropriate welding and fabrication training material and equipment on time in order to ensure effective and efficient running of training programs
· Develop, maintain and update welding and fabrication training material and package.
· Develop and implement facilitator’s manuals, capability assessments and workplace competency assessments in mining maintenance welding and fabrication section
· Conduct training as per skills training matrix for Welding and Fabrication Personnel
· Ensure accurate maintenance of training and competency records for mining maintenance personnel
To be considered for the position, the applicant must have the following qualifications, experience, skills and attributes
· Advanced Certificate in Metal Fabrication from a recognized Institution
· Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment/ TEVET Technical Vocational & Training qualification or equivalent
· Accredited TEVETA Trainer & Assessor
· At least 3 years’ work experience in a fabrication and welding workshop preferably in the mining industry
· Member of The Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ & ERB)