This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
February 17 2020
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN ASAN-SI, SOUTH KOREA.
VP of Operations (Chief Operating Officer) has management responsibility for the development, design, operation, and improvement of systems that create and deliver the company's products. VP of Operations/COO will supervise the Directors in charge of various departments, and report directly to the President/CEO. Company produces electronics specialty gases at a manufacturing plant in Asan, Korea. Company employs approximately 160 people, and generates $90M (US dollars) per year of revenue.
* Directs and manages HSE, including regulatory compliance.
* Responsible for providing a safe environment for all employees at the Asan, Korea site.
* Responsible for administration of the company safety programs.
* Responsible for Accident and Incident investigations.
* Directs quality improvement and cost reduction programs to meet corporate goals.
* Responsible for QA/QC functions, including quality assurance and analytical lab operations.
* Responsible for maintaining QMS and ISO requirements.
* Maintains and promotes 5S throughout the facility, equipment and grounds.
* Develop appropriate procedures and guidelines to ensure quality expectations are achieved.
* Investigate quality issues and determine root causes using corporate methodology.
* Support customer audits
* Directs plant operations, including production and maintenance.
* Responsible for improving operational efficiency.
* Develops and implements long term operations strategy.
* Coordinate with other TNSC group production sites to share and adopt best practices.
* Manages COGS and utilizes appropriate metrics to ensure efficient operations.
* Directs the technical team of process engineers and project managers.
* Direct the development of projects to improve operations reliability/efficiency, product quality, and to meet regulatory requirements.
* Lead the development of annual CAPEX and OPEX budgets. SCM/PROCUREMENT
* Directs the production planning/scheduling activities.
* Directs the procurement and inventory/asset management activities.
* Ensures reliable production flow (raw materials to finished products) to meet customer requirements.
* Ensures on time deliveries to customers.
Required Skills and Experience
* BS or MS in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry.
* 20+ years of industry experience, including 10+ years of management experience.
* Fluent in both English and Korean strongly desired.
* Experience working with and managing a Korean workforce preferred.
* Ability to effectively lead and manage a multidisciplinary team.
* Goal oriented and results driven mindset Aptitude in decision making and problem solving.
* Experienced in data analysis and operational metrics.
To apply, please share your resumes at: firstname.lastname@example.org