This job was found on ExpatJob.com
Job URL: https://www.expatjob.comPrint Job
December 16 2017
We seek the most qualified person to serve as the Deputy Director of Nursing of our hospital. The right individual will lead and direct all the nurses in our hospital. Apart from this, the person will also be responsible for the professional development of the nurses, nursing administration, nursing practices and education among others. Apart from this, the person will stand in for the Director of Nursing in thecase of the directors’ absence and also serve as the link between the Senior Nurse positions like Senior Nurse Managers, Assistant Director of Nursing, Senior Nurse Educators and the Director of Nursing. The highest standard of care for each patient must also be maintained by working closely with all the departmental staff and heads.
- Be responsible for the effective communication of the vision, mission, and values of the company to all the nurses in the hospital.
- Lead the strategies for the development and retention of nurses as well as the training for their improvement.
- Make sure that all the policies and procedures of the company are followed while you ensure that you put the nurses comply with the nursing practice.
- Work in conjunction with other members of the clinical team for the identification of the best part that requires improvement for risk mitigation and to bring about the best safety and occupational health culture in the team.
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of the best relationships among the departments to achieve the best patient care result.
- Ensure that all nurses are well inducted and assessed before their commencement in the facility and ensure that they have the professional prerequisite for them to perform well.
- Be accountable for the budget allocation and capital management.
- Make sure that you connect with different educational institutions and hospitals to improve the nursing education and practices in the hospital
- Ensure the development of the best clinical learning environment for our nurses to learn and participate in health-care related events.
- A diploma in Nursing or its degree equivalent.
- An advanced Diploma or certificate in Nursing.
- A master degree is desirable.
- A minimum of five years experience in management of nurses.
- At least two years’ experience working as an Assistant Director of Nursing in Parkway Hospitals.
- A certification as a registered nurse.
- Excellent management skills with the ability to work in line with the hospital’s vision and mission.
- A good understanding of the management of risks and quality.
- Proficiency with KPIs
- Knowledge of human resources, workforce planning, and coaching.
- Ability to relate to others around you.